Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-21-2014, 05:43 AM   #1
tempura
Connoisseur
tempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle PW3
Calibre Bulk edit Mode says Search/Replace invalid when it is not even used

Every time I Use "Edit Metadata in Bulk" option and have specified all the changes to the metadata and even if there is no changes when I click either "Apply" or "OK", the following shows up:

Quote:
calibre, version 1.25.0
ERROR: Search/replace invalid: Search pattern is invalid: You must specify a search expression in the "Search for" field
So, I checked up on Search/Replace and found out that I haven't even touched it. So what am I doing wrong that is not working.
Help?

Last edited by tempura; 02-21-2014 at 05:48 AM.
tempura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1282898
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
MikeyTsi
Enthusiast
MikeyTsi began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It looks like this bugfix has broken bulk replace when the field is empty. Fir instance, I'm attempting to do bulk changes to the identifiers field to add a "volume" identifier to mulitple comic books, and it is not letting me make this change since the field is blank; if I leave the "search for" field blank, it won't apply it at all, and if I put something in the "search for" field I won't get a text match since the tag doesn't currently exist.

Could you set some "wildcard" value or something so it'll replace anything found in a particular field? That should get by this issue,...
MikeyTsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you for the fix. I'd solved it using a saved search which did nothing but this is better.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #5
Hidohebhi
calibre addict
Hidohebhi began at the beginning.

Device: any
Many thanks!
Hidohebhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@MikeyTsi: Use .*
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:11 PM   #7
tempura
Connoisseur
tempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipediatempura knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Many Thanks for the quick fix.
tempura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #8
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Do I re-download Calibre and re-install? i'm not sure how to update from the Thinkpad site?
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Do I re-download Calibre and re-install? i'm not sure how to update from the Thinkpad site?
Thinkpad is the trademark of Lenovo

Launchpad is a Open Source developers site

Usually it is Next release unless you run from source

In this case, I think Kovid did a rebuild of the current release.
Uninstall and download a fresh copy of V1.25
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:45 PM   #10
MikeyTsi
Enthusiast

Quote:
@MikeyTsi: Use .*
That doesn't appear to work.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #11
MikeyTsi
Enthusiast

I think I just figured it out, it looks like you have to change "search mode" from "character match" to "regular expression".

Tags
1.25, bulk, metadata