Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2018, 05:56 PM   #1861
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Thanks.
I think you are the first to make a report about KUAL on a PW2 running 5.9.2.0.1
I can only guess at the other posts you have seen here, but I bet they are not about a PW2 running 5.9.2.0.1
Yes, I know, it should be: same version number == same behavior, but not when Amazon/Lab126 is doing the work.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:04 PM   #1862
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
- - - - -
And then again...
So try following the sqlite.org directions, and:
Code:
[root@kindle local]# sqlite3 cc.db
SQLite version 3.7.14.1 2012-10-04 19:37:12
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"

sqlite> .dump Locale
PRAGMA foreign_keys=OFF;
BEGIN TRANSACTION;
CREATE TABLE Locale ( locale );
INSERT INTO "Locale" VALUES('en_US.utf8');
COMMIT;

sqlite> SELECT * FROM Locale;
en_US.utf8

sqlite> SELECT icu_load_collation('en_US.utf8', 'icu');
Error: no such function: icu_load_collation
sqlite>
????
Well, the answer to that one happens to be on the first line shown above.
The ability to load a custom collation was first added to sqlite3, version 3.7.16

The current version is 3.21
My Ubuntu LTS has 3.20 installed.
So the most likely situation is the (?contractor?) person at Lab126 is doing all of s/he's work on a PC (with a current or nearly current version) and never checking their work on the Kindle.

Update:
The above was from 5.9.2 -
A similar problem exists on 5.3.7.3 (the oldest ts firmware version we support here).
I.E: The interactive sqlite3 can not delete records from cc.db for the same reason (the extension library might be able to but not the interactive).
Whoot!
A build of SQLite3 (3.21.0 the newest) that runs on our oldest, supported, touchscreen model, the KT-fw5.3.7.3:
Code:
[root@kindle local]# cat /etc/prettyversion.txt
Kindle 5.3.7.3 (~~otaVersion~~)

[root@kindle local]# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/local ./sqlite3.armv7a
SQLite version 3.21.0 2017-10-24 18:55:49
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
Connected to a transient in-memory database.
Use ".open FILENAME" to reopen on a persistent database.
sqlite>
The library path thingy is because the Kindles are missing a library that is required.
Which really isn't all that bad, only one additional file required to make today's sqlite3 version run on our oldest supported model/firmware combination.

Tomorrow - return to the "get rid of the KUAL booklet" script writing.

Last edited by knc1; 01-19-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Advert
Old 01-20-2018, 10:09 PM   #1863
quyptit
quyptit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2016) WiFi
My Jailbroken Kindle PPW3 automatically upgraded to 5.9.2.0.1, and the jailbreak was lost.

I tried to reinstall KUAL by ;log mrpi but it showed nothing. Is there any measures that I can do to install KUAL again?

Thanks very much!
quyptit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:08 AM   #1864
knc1
Going Viral

You DID NOT lose your jailbreak.
KUAL does not work properly on 5.9.<anything>

What do you want to launch?
You should be able to use the .log runme command to start it.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:44 AM   #1865
Georgie W
Connoisseur
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Device: KT4 5.13.6
"log runme"

I've got the same problem as everyone else with 5.9.x.x. I'd like to run librarian sync. I know that I can run ";log mrpi" from the search bar, but how do I point "runme" at Librarian Sync? thanks in advance for any advice.
Georgie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2018, 10:14 AM   #1866
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie W View Post
I've got the same problem as everyone else with 5.9.x.x. I'd like to run librarian sync. I know that I can run ";log mrpi" from the search bar, but how do I point "runme" at Librarian Sync? thanks in advance for any advice.
Review the examples in the "runme scripts" thread for a start.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #1867
BishopLuc
BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk_ViVi View Post
Yesterday I updated my Kindle Voyage to the latest version just to find out that KUAL is not working anymore.
No problem, I used the ;log mrpi to install the booklet version and is up and running again (with my beloved screensaver hack).

Now I would like to remove the old KUAL icon from my Kindle as it's not working anymore, but deleting the KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 file from the /documents directory of the Kindle did nothing. Is there anything I am missing?
I only registered to ask this.... HOW? Please!

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out!

Last edited by BishopLuc; 01-22-2018 at 11:10 AM.
BishopLuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:23 AM   #1868
BishopLuc
BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
As I'm asked directly here:

You've run in one of the bugs out of the bucket full of them in fw 5.9.<anything>. But really in one of the less nasty ones...

There's a little chance to get rid of the unneeded icon for the KUAL kindlet. It's stored in: /developer/KUAL/metadata/thumbnail.jpg in the user visible storage - just delete it there and do a reboot.

As I've strictly avoided to update to 5.9.x, I only can guess that this could help, but I wasn't able to test it. Please report back what happened. Unfortunately, it's possible that the new 5.9.x internal database structure keeps a copy of the icon inside the system area. Then you're out of look. But the useless icon in your library doesn't do any harm at all...
Just removed the background image bit its still there with the words:

KUAL
ixtab NiLuJe
twobo stepk

Help in removing? Please?
BishopLuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:40 AM   #1869
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopLuc View Post
Just removed the background image bit its still there with the words:

KUAL
ixtab NiLuJe
twobo stepk

Help in removing? Please?
If you would read up in the thread a few posts, you will learn that I am working on the problem.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #1870
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Hello,
I run jailbroken KV 5.9.2.0.1. This is to confirm that the Kual Booklet installed via log mrpi works perfectly.

Last edited by hfpop; 01-23-2018 at 04:27 PM.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:46 PM   #1871
Branch Delay
Connoisseur
Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Yep. Working on my Voyage as well.
Branch Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:55 AM   #1872
Gryzor
Enthusiast
Gryzor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Same here (KV), I panicked there for a moment when I realised the silent update...
Gryzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:02 PM   #1873
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
. . . . . . snip . . . . .

And then again...
Maybe it is user error:
http://www.sqlite.org/src/doc/trunk/ext/icu/README.txt

And then again...
So try following the sqlite.org directions, and:
Code:
[root@kindle local]# sqlite3 cc.db
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"

sqlite> .dump Locale
PRAGMA foreign_keys=OFF;
BEGIN TRANSACTION;
CREATE TABLE Locale ( locale );
INSERT INTO "Locale" VALUES('en_US.utf8');
COMMIT;

en_US.utf8

Error: no such function: icu_load_collation
sqlite>
????
Well, the answer to that one happens to be on the first line shown above.
The ability to load a custom collation was first added to sqlite3, version 3.7.16

The current version is 3.21
My Ubuntu LTS has 3.20 installed.
So the most likely situation is the (?contractor?) person at Lab126 is doing all of s/he's work on a PC (with a current or nearly current version) and never checking their work on the Kindle.

Update:
The above was from 5.9.2 -
A similar problem exists on 5.3.7.3 (the oldest ts firmware version we support here).
I.E: The interactive sqlite3 can not delete records from cc.db for the same reason (the extension library might be able to but not the interactive).
After a week of handsprings:
Code:
[root@kindle local]# cp -a cc.db cc-test.db

[root@kindle local]# sqlite3 cc-test.db

en_US.utf8

sqlite> SELECT p_location FROM Entries WHERE p_location LIKE '%KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2';
/mnt/us/documents/KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2

sqlite> DELETE FROM Entries WHERE p_location LIKE '%KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2';           
Error: no such function: is_journaling_enabled
sqlite>
???
No idea about that one, fixing it may take minutes or months - one of those 'm' words.

But at least our interactive version of kSQLite3 now understands every possible ICU collation in the world (as of December 13, 2017).

Last edited by knc1; 01-25-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:48 PM   #1874
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
- - - -
No idea about that one, fixing it may take minutes or months - one of those 'm' words.

But at least our interactive version of kSQLite3 now understands every possible ICU collation in the world (as of the latest release by the unicode people).
Work-around already found:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...76&postcount=8
Old 01-26-2018, 11:29 AM   #1875
knc1
Going Viral

To kill a kual

At least the required set of commands a script would need are now working:
(I have added blank lines to make this a bit more readable.)
Code:
[root@kindle local]# cat /etc/prettyversion.txt
Kindle 5.3.7.3 (~~otaVersion~~)

[root@kindle local]# find . -type f -a -name '*.db' 2>/dev/null
./appreg.db
./reg/prereg.db
./reg/ServerConfig.db
./cc.db
./mesquite/store/resource/appcache/ApplicationCache.db

[root@kindle local]# echo $PATH
/mnt/us/esys/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/python/bin

[root@kindle local]# sqlite3 --version
3.21.0 2017-10-24 18:55:49 1a584e499906b5c87ec7d43d4abce641fdf017c42125b083109bc77c4de4alt2

root@kindle local]# sqlite3 -line cc-test.db

sqlite> .header off

sqlite> .load libfixup

locale = en_US.utf8

sqlite> SELECT p_uuid, p_location, p_thumbnail FROM Entries WHERE p_location LIKE '%KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2';
     p_uuid = 36f27e44-af05-4675-8771-ae80158e0c39
 p_location = /mnt/us/documents/KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2
p_thumbnail = /mnt/us/developer/KUAL/metadata/thumbnail.jpg

sqlite> SELECT p_location, p_thumbnail FROM Entries WHERE p_uuid IN ('36f27e44-af05-4675-8771-ae80158e0c39');
 p_location = /mnt/us/documents/KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2
p_thumbnail = /mnt/us/developer/KUAL/metadata/thumbnail.jpg

sqlite> DELETE FROM Entries WHERE p_uuid IN ('36f27e44-af05-4675-8771-ae80158e0c39');

sqlite> SELECT p_location, p_thumbnail FROM Entries WHERE p_uuid IN ('36f27e44-af05-4675-8771-ae80158e0c39');

sqlite> .quit 

root@kindle local]# rm -f /mnt/us/documents/KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2 /mnt/us/developer/KUAL/metadata/thumbnail.jpg

root@kindle local]#
Next - investigate changes (additions mostly) to the databases for the firmware versions from 5.3.7.3 (above) to 5.9.2.
Then - invent a script to handle all cases of "Can not delete the KUAL document".
Hmm - and maybe even include deleting the KUAL booklet as an option to the script.

And then - back to the new 'bridge code' (I needed a working, interactive, kSQLite3 for that project).

= = = =

WARNING:
Attached is a 'unzip to top of visible USB storage' archive of what I used above (for those who just can't wait to get rid of the KUAL thumbnail).
BUT IT WILL CONFLICT with the files from my ARMHF example (because this build is soft float, to enable it to use some of the Kindle's libraries).
I will have that conflict fixed by the time I release a script for this purpose.

Hmm...
That name should be: 01_26_2018 not 01_26_2017
I'll fix that in the final version also

Update:
I pulled the attachment, hfpop found a problem with the build.
Will repost with I get it fixed

Last edited by knc1; 01-27-2018 at 12:16 PM.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified