Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-24-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Fictionwise Buywise Club refund?

So, did anyone else get an email today from PenChecks Participant Distribution Notification with the subject "RE: Fictionwise Buywise Club Membership"?

I can post the full content of the email once I get home - it's more than I'm will to try to do to type it a paragraph at a time from my phone screen, with the screen going black every 15 seconds.

It's asking for info to be entered to a PenChecks.com screen (mailing address is what it *says* it's asking for in the email).

I've never heard of these people....
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
See this post:
Fictionwise membership refund

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
So, did anyone else get an email today from PenChecks Participant Distribution Notification with the subject "RE: Fictionwise Buywise Club Membership"?

I can post the full content of the email once I get home - it's more than I'm will to try to do to type it a paragraph at a time from my phone screen, with the screen going black every 15 seconds.

It's asking for info to be entered to a PenChecks.com screen (mailing address is what it *says* it's asking for in the email).

I've never heard of these people....
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
hedy
Enthusiast
hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.hedy calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: eee netbook 10 inch
Yes I have.
My name was not on e mail just :
Dear Fictionwise Buywise Club Account Holder
Refund could be a very expensive scam. ????
hedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:36 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedy View Post
Yes I have.
My name was not on e mail just :
Dear Fictionwise Buywise Club Account Holder
Refund could be a very expensive scam. ????
It does not appear to be a scam.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:25 PM   #5
FizzyWater
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for pointing me to that other link. I did an Advanced Search for any posts with the word Fictionwise in it before posting .... I don't know why I didn't get it in my list.

And thanks, Nate, for being our guinea pig.

I guess I thought it would come from B&N if it was legit....
Advert
Old 01-24-2014, 11:45 PM   #6
FizzyWater

I found more info on the old Fictionwise.com website:

Quote:

Fictionwise Micropay Customer Account Reimbursements

Fictionwise has aligned with PenChecks Trust to facilitate the reimbursement of all remaining Fictionwise Micropay accounts of $5 and over. PenChecks will be distributing a series of account holder notification emails on behalf of Fictionwise. If you should have any questions about this process or PenChecks Trust, you can learn more at their website www.penchecks.com or by calling their toll-free Client Service line at (800) 541-3938.
I really didn't think I had anything left in Micropay, but I do think I had a year left on my Buywise Membership when they closed.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:36 PM   #7
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I'm glad someone posted this, my notification triggered a spam rating and went into a spam folder, and I probably would have missed it otherwise. I had something like 5 years left on my membership too.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #8
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
I didn't get one. Hmmm. I wonder what that means.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #9
FizzyWater

On the other thread about this, a lot of people are saying the emails hit their SPAM folders (the email is from PenChecks). You might want to look there - and it has to be the email address that was attached to your Fictionwise account.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:57 PM   #10
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
On the other thread about this, a lot of people are saying the emails hit their SPAM folders (the email is from PenChecks). You might want to look there - and it has to be the email address that was attached to your Fictionwise account.
Nope, not in spam either, I had already checked.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote