Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-11-2020, 07:37 PM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Mr, tablet, and Chrome

I'm currently using Firefox on my tablet to view MR so I can change the font size and forums expand to the full width of the screen.

I'd like to use Chrome, but the font size is too small. I changed the setting to make the font larger and overide zooming of font, but no luck.

Is there anyway to get chrome to work like Firefox.

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 07:42 PM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And now that I've posted, I see that the posts' font is larger, but everything else in the forum is too small. How can I basically get everything the same size text in chrome?
Old 12-12-2020, 07:16 AM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Moved from the Lounge and bumping.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 11:39 AM   #4
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Moved from the Lounge and bumping.
darn.

I really want to use chrome because I like the location of the back button.

What ever happened to the good old days when toolbars were customizable?
Old 12-12-2020, 01:43 PM   #5
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
On a Windows machine, running Chrome, hold down the Control key and push the wheel on your mouse forward. The whole page's fonts expand. And Chrome appears to "remember" where you left it for the next time.

Alternately, use the little + sign inside a magnifying glass on the right end of the address box to open up a dialog for zoom amount.

Or, finally, click the three vertical dots on the far upper right of Chrome (where various Settings are), and select Zoom from the menu items there.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 02:39 PM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
On a Windows machine, running Chrome, hold down the Control key and push the wheel on your mouse forward. The whole page's fonts expand. And Chrome appears to "remember" where you left it for the next time.

Alternately, use the little + sign inside a magnifying glass on the right end of the address box to open up a dialog for zoom amount.

Or, finally, click the three vertical dots on the far upper right of Chrome (where various Settings are), and select Zoom from the menu items there.
I need to do this for a tablet.
Old 12-12-2020, 03:29 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
darn.

I really want to use chrome because I like the location of the back button.

What ever happened to the good old days when toolbars were customizable?
They still are if you use Firefox.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 04:12 PM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
They still are if you use Firefox.
Help a brother out, Jon. How do you do it on an Android tablet?
Old 12-12-2020, 06:08 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Help a brother out, Jon. How do you do it on an Android tablet?
I was thinking of Firefox for Windows. I cannot do it on Firefox for iOS. But then, I do like where the back arrow is there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 10:34 AM   #10
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
I don’t know which forum software MR uses, but I’ve encountered similar looking forums that seem to use it too. It doesn’t seem to have been designed for tablets, much less smartphones. It is okay for computers I guess, but it really leaves a lot to be desired for use on tablets and phones. I’ve tried using Safari, Firefox, and Chrome browsers on my iPad and all show this forum site about the same. The text is way too small for my old eyes. Of course I can change the browser and iPad settings to improve it, but then that messes up most other websites I go to. Typing in threads, as I am right now, is the worst as I get even smaller text and that makes seeing harder and editing nearly impossible. In my opinion, MR should explore switching to a more modern forum software that works with tablets and phones too.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote