Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 07-01-2021, 10:46 AM   #46
jwajr
jwajr began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A
Clarification - Android 11 was installed on my phone a month or so ago, which broke the CC / Moon connection. Then last night and update to Android 11 was installed, and now all is well.
jwajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 03:49 PM   #47
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwajr View Post
Clarification - Android 11 was installed on my phone a month or so ago, which broke the CC / Moon connection. Then last night and update to Android 11 was installed, and now all is well.
would be interesting to knew which phone, exactl version of broken android update, exact version of new one
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:50 AM   #48
WillowD
WillowD began at the beginning.

Device: FBReader and Calibre Companion on Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I've got a Note 20 ultra that was updated to android 11 last week.
Since then, long pressing on a book no longer launches the book in moon reader +. It opens the app, but the book isn't loaded.
When I try to open a book file from a file manager, it does load as expected in moon reader+.
I also tried installing another book reader and got the same result.
Is anyone else seeing this with Android 11?
A number of Calibre Companion users have experienced a problem where their device is upgraded to Android 11 and CC starts failing to open a book in an e-reader. CC is telling the e-reader to open book "/external/mybook.ext" when it should be telling the e-reader to open book "/storage/emulated/0/Calibre_Companion/mybook.ext". Note that in my case "mybook.ext" would also work as I set my e-book reader to look for books in CC's directory.
I use FBreader but users of other e-book readers like Moon+ Reader have reported the same problem. This problem occured on my Samsung Galaxy A20s phone but did not occur on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet.
I fixed the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling Calibre Companion. I then connected CC as a wireless device to Calibre on my desktop. CC then redownloaded the metadata for all of the books that were still on my device. Note that I did not have to re-download my books. The entire process only takes a couple of minutes once you know what to do.
Thank you whoever made the post I found suggesting this.
WillowD is offline   Reply With Quote