Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-26-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
stardest
Enthusiast
stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: None
Onyx Boox N96ML: Doesnt charge when turned off? (and other questions)

Hi to all who owns the Onyx Boox N96ML with front light are you having the same issue:

1. When fully turned off the Onyx Boox does not charge. It can only charge when its turned on.
2. Once it reaches 100% the indicator light doesn’t change color. It still stays RED.
3. Under Power Management settings, even though I say keep on, the Onyx will still power off.
4. The battery doesn’t seem to last that long – but could it be because of all my apps (specifically CleanMaster, Nova Launcher? MultiHome Button)
5. Has anyone found a good app for a BACK BUTTON replacement? Button Saviour doesn’t work for me.

Thanks to all.
stardest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:56 AM   #2
iHasan
iHasan began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox N96ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardest View Post
Hi to all who owns the Onyx Boox N96ML with front light are you having the same issue:

1. When fully turned off the Onyx Boox does not charge. It can only charge when its turned on.
2. Once it reaches 100% the indicator light doesn’t change color. It still stays RED.
3. Under Power Management settings, even though I say keep on, the Onyx will still power off.
4. The battery doesn’t seem to last that long – but could it be because of all my apps (specifically CleanMaster, Nova Launcher? MultiHome Button)
5. Has anyone found a good app for a BACK BUTTON replacement? Button Saviour doesn’t work for me.

Thanks to all.
From what I seen
1) I don't know
2) yes
3) sometimes
4) it was good ( I use it for one week in single change) then I decided to root it then everything changed... Now the device will goes from 70 to 14 in one single day even if I didn't use it
5) I don't know

I hope someone will help me and tell me how to reset the device to its original setting
iHasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2016, 05:35 AM   #3
surax
surax began at the beginning.

Device: pro-903
Problem with the application Onyxscribbler N96ML

It has been working fine, but now when I open the notes Onyxscribbler
ma gives the following problem:

Onyxscribbler has stopped application.

I wonder if there are other applications or as a return to the original configuration, to write
surax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:11 AM   #4
stardest
Enthusiast
stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!stardest , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: None
Hi I'm the original poster. I contacted ONYX regarding the battery light and charging and according to their engineers yes, charging can only be done when turned on. It doesn't charge when turned off.

Yes, the light stays red even when fully charged.

I think I've solved the battery issue. I had clean master and I disabled the fast charging. I also Googled and they mentioned battery recalibration. So I drained my battery to 0% then I recharged it again. I think I'm supposed to drain 5 times. But on my first drain and charge the battery now seems to last longer and now when I do the option of staying on forever it does. Please note that I did not root my onyx.
stardest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:11 PM   #5
kkakosim
kkakosim began at the beginning.

Device: MS Surface Pro 4; Android; iPad; Kindle Paperwhite; Onyx N96ML
I had some of these issues that got resolved, I feel like, in v1.8.2. Now I am running Android v4.4.4 smoothly, except for an issue with frontlight. Nevertheless, battery is amazing. With WiFi to off it gets at least some weeks with typical night time reading.
kkakosim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert