Notices

Old 12-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #1
joshualintag
Enthusiast
joshualintag began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Cool Tutorial: How to play .avi movies on your Kindle Fire

How to side-load movies on your Kindle Fire:
-I am now watching Transformers 3 because of this.
-It does not need to be rooted

1. Download MoboPlayer Here
2. You must use
The Kindle Browser to download it to your Kindle Fire.
3. Install it.
4. Now copy .avi(s) from your PC to Kindle Fire on the Videos Folder.
5. Open MoboPlayer, and set default folder.
6. Long press on the .avi and choose Soft-decoding.(or you can set it on the MoboPlayer settings for default)
7. Now you could watch you movies.

joshualintag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:52 AM   #2
pgnds
Patty
pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-3, Fire 1st & 5 gen 8"
Edited

Last edited by pgnds; 12-06-2011 at 09:19 AM.
pgnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:41 AM   #3
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Thanks, Joshua, works great!
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:27 AM   #4
joshualintag
Enthusiast
joshualintag began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
No problem
joshualintag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I have MoboPlayer installed on all my Android devices and it has played everything I have thrown at it.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
krm0789
Enthusiast
krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
I tried this the other day & it worked great with a .wmv. Just tried it now with an .avi, works but no sound. I went back to the .wmv and now that won't play with sound, either. Nor is there sound with my mp4's in MoboPlayer, but the sound works fine in the mp4's via the default player. The volume seems to be getting turned down when I enter MoboPlayer... any ideas?
krm0789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #7
ssahnan
Enthusiast
ssahnan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle3g, kindle touch, kindle fire, kindle ipad 1 and 2, kindle iphon
man, this method got me as close as I have been able to get to streaming 720p h264 video files from a nas. I am able to do xvid files fine enuf but the higher res files just wont play to a watchable level. bare in mind, this is streaming from a nas, not residing on the device itself.

this method described got it play smoothly a few seconds at a time before chopping up...
ssahnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:21 PM   #8
blesshealth
blesshealth began at the beginning.

Device: none
iDealshare VideoGo also helps to convert AVI, MKV, VOB, MTS, RMVB, MP4, MOV, etc to Kindle Fire more supported video format.
It has both Mac and Windows version.
blesshealth is offline   Reply With Quote