Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2022, 06:49 AM   #31
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Nobody has mentioned 4.35.20400 rebooting. So why not give it a try? I plan to give it a try soon. I first have to sort out the patches.
Thanks Jon. Live in hope, I guess
I'll wait a week or so just in case of any disaster reports, the give it a try
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 09:54 AM   #32
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo H2O and Motorola XOOM 2(for comics)
For some reason, with this firmware 4.35.20400 I have the same issue as I was having in the previous firmware 4.34.20097.

If I update my Kobo Aura H20, my reading stats will be blank and my Kobo will not recognize my SD card where I have all of my books saved. If I connect my Kobo to my computer, it will freeze and reboot after a while if the sdcard is in. I tried restoring my reading stats from calibre backups but it doesn't make any difference.

If I roll back to the 4.33.19759 it will work fine, computer will properly recognize my Kobo with the sdcard in and all my content will load in the home screen along with the reading stats.

I have the same issue if I manually update or OTA update.

Did someone experience any similar issues when using an sdcard?
Blas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2022, 03:03 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I don’t believe it’s a bug just behavior we expect to be different than it is, and don’t get me wrong I agree with you that it should be the last three opened not merely the last loaded.

In order to be a bug it’s got to be unintentional behavior.
It's not a bug. The three books show are three of four most recent books. That how it works. Maybe Kobo will change that, but that's it for now.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 03:05 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Thanks Jon. Live in hope, I guess
I'll wait a week or so just in case of any disaster reports, the give it a try
That's a good idea. I waited with 4.31 and I'm glad I did as that was a disaster.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:08 PM   #35
Burblebup
Enthusiast
Burblebup began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
I'm glad to hear that the PDF functionality is gradually being sorted. I don't suppose this update allows one to be able to zoom in to the text in horizontal mode and scroll down each page rather than maintaining the same position on each page???
Burblebup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2022, 10:36 PM   #36
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Got this installed and set w/ patches, looking forward to testing to see if the page turn buttons issue for Sage is finally resolved, fingers crossed for no more weird temporary freezes.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 04:07 AM   #37
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Got this installed and set w/ patches, looking forward to testing to see if the page turn buttons issue for Sage is finally resolved, fingers crossed for no more weird temporary freezes.
Looking forward to see your comments regarding Sage buttons.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 06:48 AM   #38
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
My Sage seems OK. Maybe have read two books since update.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:54 AM   #39
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Where can I get the download links for this Firmware please. I looked on the wiki but it doesn't seem to go over 4.33. Thanks

Last edited by Josieb1; 12-12-2022 at 08:00 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 08:09 AM   #40
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Where can I get the download links for this Firmware please. I looked on the wiki but it doesn't seem to go over 4.33. Thanks
The OP's signature contains the link to the download page
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 08:40 AM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I would not use the wiki for Kobo firmware. If there's a mistake there, you could end up bricked.

This is where I trust the Kobo firmware links. https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

It's @geek1011's site and has been up for some time.
Old 12-12-2022, 09:29 AM   #42
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Cathcart View Post
The OP's signature contains the link to the download page
Thank you
Old 12-12-2022, 09:30 AM   #43
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would not use the wiki for Kobo firmware. If there's a mistake there, you could end up bricked.

This is where I trust the Kobo firmware links. https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

It's @geek1011's site and has been up for some time.
Thank you. I'll bookmark that site
Old 12-12-2022, 07:31 PM   #44
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
The previous firmware seriously impaired my Clara HD. Poor WiFi connectivity. Sluggish UI. Glitches left and right. Sync errors between devices. Erroneous book counts in my lists. The worst was the battery drain. It seemed to get stuck connecting to Kobo’s servers. If I didn’t have it plugged in, the battery would be drained. Dave’s plug-in let me know the database was fine, but obviously, something was amiss.

I was in the middle of resetting the firmware when this update dropped. What a mess it made of things! I worried it was bricked.

Now that I’ve wiped everything and started over, the new firmware works great with my Clara HD. Everything is snappy. Syncing happens quickly. No glitches. Feels like a new device.

Unfortunately, I can’t tell whether it was me slagging my install and starting over or if it was the FW update that fixed things for me. So knock on wood. Everything‘s working great so far.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 11:02 AM   #45
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
My Sage seems OK. Maybe have read two books since update.
But was Ok in previous versions regarding the buttons?

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release