Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-08-2022, 06:29 AM   #46
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
Don't believe step 4 in those instructions is needed.
My Libra 2 and page turner is working fine just with tsowell's plugin and a suitable config.
npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 08:37 AM   #47
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage - Tolino Vision 4 HD - Kobo Sage
Has anyone managed to get BT page turner to work with koreader?
CyberPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2022, 03:28 PM   #48
lazypenguy
lazypenguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
This may come at no surprise, but I copied the example 8bit file in the repo and it worked exactly as I wanted with my Switch Joy-Con. Wonderful project
lazypenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 06:25 PM   #49
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

@lazypenguy
Not with koreader, right?
Old 10-28-2022, 07:02 PM   #50
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
We murder BT on startup, so, no .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2022, 09:02 AM   #51
lazypenguy
lazypenguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
^Correct. @cyberpaul I don't know if this still works / would work with Koreader, but you might be interested in https://github.com/tylpk1216/KoboPageTurner It doesn't seem to rely on BT, just Wifi
lazypenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 09:41 AM   #52
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
I have this $5 Bluetooth page-turner working just fine with both my Libra 2 and my Clara 2E. Simply follow the steps listed here, including #5, which is said to be for the Libra 2 only but I find is also necessary for the Clara 2E:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen...ally_cross_my/

Note: the Reddit post linked above says it stopped working for the original Reddit poster with the latest firmware, but the system he described is working fine for me with both my Libra 2 and my Clara 2E on the current firmware.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 02:41 AM   #53
CyberPaul
Groupie

Hi Robert. I bought exactly same BT ring after having read your experience, and it works perfectly with stock reader. The issue is with koreader, as it kills Bluetooth and make it not working even after having left koreader.
I’d like to use this alternative reader as it renders much better full justification.
The last chance is to try Wi-Fi as suggested above.
P.S. love your books!
Old 11-11-2022, 02:05 PM   #54
Nikoz
Enthusiast
Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
I have this $5 Bluetooth page-turner working just fine with both my Libra 2 and my Clara 2E. Simply follow the steps listed here, including #5, which is said to be for the Libra 2 only but I find is also necessary for the Clara 2E:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/commen...ally_cross_my/

Note: the Reddit post linked above says it stopped working for the original Reddit poster with the latest firmware, but the system he described is working fine for me with both my Libra 2 and my Clara 2E on the current firmware.
I bought the same device and got it to work following your instructions (thanks!), but after a couple of months it just stopped working. I charged it completely, it's detected by the libra and even connects to it, but a click no longer turns the page. Has anyone had the same problem?
Nikoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 12:09 PM   #55
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Re: KOReader

Given that someone contributed a fancy plug-in that deals with external keyboards (currently over OTG), I *may* look at how bluetooth shenanigans work in the coming months.

It'll likely be aimed at full keyboards OOB, though, but should make these sort of shenanigans far more accessible anyway (assuming I end up with anything useful at all, as I've never worked with the *nix bluetooth stack at all).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 02:36 PM   #56
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPaul View Post
Hi Robert. I bought exactly same BT ring after having read your experience, and it works perfectly with stock reader. The issue is with koreader, as it kills Bluetooth and make it not working even after having left koreader.
I’d like to use this alternative reader as it renders much better full justification.
The last chance is to try Wi-Fi as suggested above.
P.S. love your books!
Via WiFi may work. For the moment I am turning pages in my Libra2 in KOReader using curl Ideally I would like to do it with my Boss headphones

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 06:58 PM   #57
CyberPaul
Groupie

Do I need to compile the app to use it with iPhone? In that case I can’t use it.
What do you mean by “using curl? Do you call http server on Kobo manually?

Last edited by CyberPaul; 11-12-2022 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-12-2022, 07:18 PM   #58
CyberPaul
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Re: KOReader

Given that someone contributed a fancy plug-in that deals with external keyboards (currently over OTG), I *may* look at how bluetooth shenanigans work in the coming months.

It'll likely be aimed at full keyboards OOB, though, but should make these sort of shenanigans far more accessible anyway (assuming I end up with anything useful at all, as I've never worked with the *nix bluetooth stack at all).
It would be great!
Old 11-12-2022, 11:34 PM   #59
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPaul View Post
Do I need to compile the app to use it with iPhone? In that case I can’t use it.
What do you mean by “using curl? Do you call http server on Kobo manually?
I installed the app in the Libra2 and it is a simple Webserver which works out of the box. Then from the computer to test it:
$ curl http://192.168.50.101/left
$ curl http://192.168.50.101/right

And then there is an Android apk you can install as well. You don't need to compile it, just downloaded it and install it. That will work as well with its UI or the volume buttons.

Since I could not make work the Bluetooth paired with the phone and this app (it does not detect the headphones buttons. I also tried Tasker which can do same as Curl as an action) I made it work with a little Python program in the computer with the headphones paired with the computer so everytime I tap de headphones it turns the page. I usually read during the day with my headphones on for the noise cancellation so it is very nice.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 05:24 AM   #60
CyberPaul
Groupie

Thanks for providing all that information.
Can you please provide the link to the apk I can install?
However I have an iPhone, so I'd like to use it. I have to check if it is possible whether I can find a kind of Tasker.