Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-05-2021, 12:38 PM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Favorite Mercedes Lackey Reads

In celebration of Mercedes Lackey being named as the 38th SFWA Damon Knight Memorial Grand Master...

What are your favorite Mercedes Lackey books?

I love the Valdemar books (although I couldn't get into the recent "Spy" series). I did really like the new book, Beyond, the first in a trilogy about the Founding of Valdemar.

I loved some of the modern-day elf books she published with Baen, but I can't remember which series I read.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 05:03 PM   #2
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Beyond has just dropped in price in UK

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Founding-...dp/B097G3NHT6/

£4.68
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2021, 10:07 AM   #3
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Yes, I like those modern elf ones best. I was all about them in H.S. and early B.A. Bedlam's Bard is the name of the series. Knight of Ghosts and Shadows is the first one.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 11:41 PM   #4
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I rather got a kick out of _The Secret World Chronicles_ --- listened to the free audiobooks/podcasts while doing mindless drudgery while teleworking and they really helped pass the time (and they punch a punch of my buttons: urban fantasy, super heroes, an angel, pulp heroes, &c.).
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 07:02 AM   #5
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Yes, I like those modern elf ones best. I was all about them in H.S. and early B.A. Bedlam's Bard is the name of the series. Knight of Ghosts and Shadows is the first one.
I have get back into that series… Luckily, I think I have most of the original titles as eBooks because of Webscriptions and the Mercedes Lackey CD.
Advert
Old 11-11-2021, 07:04 AM   #6
Critteranne
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
I rather got a kick out of _The Secret World Chronicles_ --- listened to the free audiobooks/podcasts while doing mindless drudgery while teleworking and they really helped pass the time (and they punch a punch of my buttons: urban fantasy, super heroes, an angel, pulp heroes, &c.).
I forgot about that series! And I didn’t know about the podcast. Hmm…

Tags
fantasy, mercedes lackey