Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
Vasiok
Vasiok began at the beginning.

Device: irex dr1000s, irex iLiad
PDF conversion

Hi people.
Just want to know any good soft to convert pdf to mobi, prc, epub or fb2.
Vasiok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
Franky
Nameless Being

I mostly use Calibre to convert.
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Vasiok

y I tried that but I cant figure out how to make the page appear fully on my reader.
for some reason after conversion I get ether 2 small or 2 large that it cant fit on the screen (((
Old 06-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
Converting from PDF to any of the e-book formats is inherently difficult. Apart from software the results will also very much depend on the book you're trying to convert.

Can I ask why you want to convert from pdf? Perhaps there's an easier solution to your problem.
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #5
Vasiok

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
Converting from PDF to any of the e-book formats is inherently difficult. Apart from software the results will also very much depend on the book you're trying to convert.

Can I ask why you want to convert from pdf? Perhaps there's an easier solution to your problem.
text of this pdf is not displayd properly on my DR1000S and it makes difficult to read. The quality is quiet good and that makes it strange. I think I will try and edit the pdf with pdf nitro and try to change fonts. Any suggestions are welcom.
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 05:55 AM   #6
jekvb
Connoisseur
jekvb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3 Pro; Android: PocketBook & ReadEra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasiok View Post
y I tried that but I cant figure out how to make the page appear fully on my reader.
for some reason after conversion I get ether 2 small or 2 large that it cant fit on the screen (((
I don't know what kind of reader software you are using, but you might try this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37998
jekvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #7
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
text of this pdf is not displayd properly on my DR1000S and it makes difficult to read. The quality is quiet good and that makes it strange. I think I will try and edit the pdf with pdf nitro and try to change fonts. Any suggestions are welcom.
If editing the PDF doesn't help you could try converting to djvu. You can do the conversion here. You will need the djvu plugin from luite to be able to read the new file on the DR.

If you're not familiar with djvu, from a user perspective it's much like pdf and you can often succesfully convert from one to the other.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #8
Vasiok

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
If editing the PDF doesn't help you could try converting to djvu. You can do the conversion here. You will need the djvu plugin from luite to be able to read the new file on the DR.

If you're not familiar with djvu, from a user perspective it's much like pdf and you can often succesfully convert from one to the other.
II have the plugin installed as I have a few books in that format.
But what would be the advantages of converting from pdf in to djvu format.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:10 AM   #9
rvs
Groupie

Quote:
II have the plugin installed as I have a few books in that format.
But what would be the advantages of converting from pdf in to djvu format.
It can sometimes solve problems with a pdf-file. From your description it's hard for me to understand the problem you have with your pdf file. But for instance this week I had a pdf where the DR would display every page as a blank page. Converting to djvu displayed it correctly.