Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-24-2021, 08:22 AM   #1
softfoot
softfoot began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Update Site Down ???

I had to reset my beloved Kobo today but while it could connect to my WiFi it was unable to contact the site for updates etc.
The kKobo store seems on-line but kobo.com seems down.
Any idea what's going on ??
Dave
softfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:51 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by softfoot View Post
I had to reset my beloved Kobo today but while it could connect to my WiFi it was unable to contact the site for updates etc.
Dave
The update site is not down. Could be you are at the latest firmware. But if not, go here to download the firmware and manually update.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:32 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by softfoot View Post
Dave
You list a Touch as your device. If that is one of the three N905 models, it will almost definitely be related to Kobo removing older security protocols from their servers because those protocols are no longer considered to be secure. The older firmware on the Touch does not support the newer protocols. This was done over two years ago.

You can do the setup using the Kobo desktop application. That will download the latest firmware and install it. Or you sideload any firmware from about 3.16 or later. After that, you should be able to do the setup.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 07:30 PM   #4
softfoot
softfoot began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Many thanks ...

That sorted it :-)

I hadnt had to sync it in quite a while so I guess I missed some updates.

Thanks again
Dave
softfoot is offline   Reply With Quote