Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-18-2021, 11:30 AM   #1
synecdoche
synecdoche began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Getting books out of Apple Books

I have a bunch of books that I purchased through places like Humble Bundle and so on that are in ePub that live in Apple Books on my laptop. (I put them there before I was using Calibre as much.) I'm trying to get them into Calibre but Calibre doesn't seem to accept them.

I'm able to find and open the folder that contains the books and see the ePub files, but when I drag the file into Calibre, nothing happens. (I'm not able to see the folder when I use Calibre's Add Books). I also don't seem to be able to open these files in eBook Viewer.

Any tips, techniques, or ideas on how to do this? I just want to get my library in one place.
synecdoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:10 AM   #2
datostar
Enthusiast
datostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Open the Books App and individually drag and drop the icons of the books you want on to the Desktop, then drag and drop them into Calibre. It works - I've just tried it (on Catalina). Dragging and dropping directly into Calibre doesn't work. Weird.....
datostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:26 AM   #3
synecdoche
synecdoche began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by datostar View Post
Open the Books App and individually drag and drop the icons of the books you want on to the Desktop, then drag and drop them into Calibre. It works - I've just tried it (on Catalina). Dragging and dropping directly into Calibre doesn't work. Weird.....
Thanks! It seems to work.
synecdoche is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, books, calibre, epub, icloud