Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-10-2022, 12:16 PM   #451
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Here is what I have learned about the gsensor within the PocketBook InkView library:

I believe that QueryGSensor() just returns 0 if there is no gsensor, otherwise it returns some non-zero value. So, you can use the function to test whether you need to handle gsensor events, and how to handle the orientation at the start and end of the application.

GetOrientation/SetOrientation deal with the orientation in the InkView library. The orientation values are: 0 portrait, 1 landscape, 2 landscape 270, 3 portrait 180, -1 auto (gsensor). You probably don't need these functions for koreader unless you are querying libinkview functions for display settings (e.g. ScreenHeight() and ScreenWidth()).

gsensor events are of type EVT_ORIENTATION, and the first parameter provided with them is the new orientation (0-3 as described above). The idea is that you rotate what you are displaying to the given orientation each time such an event is signaled in your inkview main handler function. You would also call SetOrientation() then if necessary.

Older devices let you configure a global orientation in the system settings. Nice apps would honour that setting (retrieved via GetGlobalOrientation()). If the global orientation is set to -1, then you would track the gsensor, otherwise you ignore it. I don't see this system configuration option on my newish Colour ereader, so this probably isn't needed anymore. It looks like the more recent InkView API has new gsensor specific functions (SetGSensorEnabled(), IsGSensorEnabled(), GetGSensorOrientation()), but these are not available in older versions of the library. If you are not tracking InkView events, then maybe you can use GetGSensorOrientation() on newer devices to poll what the new orientation should be rather than mess with the mysterious ReadGSensor(). Or maybe do some testing to see if you can figure out how the ReadGSensor() readings correlate to the orientation values, and then just use that function on old and new devices.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 04:30 PM   #452
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Thanks for the info!!

xref in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/9427, if somebody there wants to tinker with the feature.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 09:50 PM   #453
zmix
Connoisseur
zmix began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have suggestion about the name assigned to the image displayed when the Pocketbook is powered off.

In the Pocketbook native reader software it's possible to have the current book cover displayed as the "screensaver" and in KOReader it's possible to save the current book cover as a file that supposedly can be read and used as the screensaver.

In the Pocketbook Era OS, I cannot navigate to the folder where the KOReader image is stored to select it manually.

It's stored in a hidden folder named ~System/Logo/offlogo/ cover.bmp

The PB OS stores it's user selected screensaver "off logo" as a file in that same folder named "pb_shutdownlogo.bmp"

It seems that in order for KOReader to adopt this functionality it would need to save it's cover.bmp as a file named "pb_shutdownlogo.bmp"
zmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 07:19 AM   #454
rjd22
rjd22 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
@rkomar Thank you for the research. I actually was doing the same research for my PocketBook device so I could implement the support for gyroscope but I was unable to catch the EVT_ORIENTATION events you're speaking of within Koreader.

Are you willing to share what you used to log these events so I can so further research?
rjd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 09:48 AM   #455
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Taking a quick look through the koreader source code, I see that the pb_event_handler() function in "base/input.c" handles a few EVT_* events. You could add some code to handle the EVT_ORIENTATION events there, getting the new orientation from the "par1" variable. These are not strictly input events, so logically they don't fit with the rest of the code in that file, but you can only have one event handler function registered with InkView, so the orientation events have to be handled there along with the other events.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 02:00 PM   #456
sedgefog
sedgefog began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Any insight as to why the Standard Ebooks opds server errors out with "Failed to parse the catalog"? They recently changed the URL and presumably the server itself, pardon my lay understanding, but it fails on my reader as well as the android app (nightly) using the updated address.
sedgefog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM   #457
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I believe you need to enter the email address you use on Patreon (and otherwise you can't access it, like me).
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 04:05 PM   #458
sedgefog
sedgefog began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
That would explain it.
sedgefog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 04:38 PM   #459
zmix
Connoisseur

Notes issues in KOReader on Pocketbook Era (PB700)

1: In the Koreader menus notes and highlights are in the heading labeled "Bookmarks". I consider Bookmarks and highlights / notes to be very different things.

It would be nice if there were folders for notes and highlights, separate from bookmarks, and accessible within the device itself. (I did RTFM, but still can't find my notes).

2: The only place I can find my notes on the Era are in a folder called "Clipboard", inaccessible from the device itself. The Pocketbook software has a folder called "Notes" which is accessible from the device, it would be nice to be able to use that folder:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 4.29.26 PM.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	440.8 KB
ID:	196079

3: When examining the notes, the "title" I assigned to the saved passage is beneath the note itself, very confusing. I wish it were on above the selection.

Last edited by issybird; 08-25-2022 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Colossal image deleted.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:07 PM   #460
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Yup. Exporter notes go to `clipboard` and currently is not possible to change the folder without changing the source of the program.

None of this is pocketbook specific. If you're unsure is better to create a new thread with your question.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 03:08 PM   #461
zmix
Connoisseur

I really like the Pocketbook's "Noto Serif CJK JP" font and I would like to use it in Koreader as my default font.

Is this possible?

I did a search here but I didn't find any info, nor on github, though there is a page dedicated to the font:

https://github.com/googlefonts/noto-cjk/releases
Old 08-27-2022, 12:53 PM   #462
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
We already ship Noto CJK (although a slightly older version that doesn't exhibit some of the bugs in punctuation layout we encountered with current builds).

EDIT: Whee, went too fast.

We ship Noto *Sans* CJK ;o).

You're absolutely free to sideload Noto *Serif* CJK, just like any other font. It may or may not suffer from the punctuation issues we've seen with its Sans-serif brethren, though .

If you're set on one of the C/J/K, you're probably better off with the Language specific one that matches your language.

Avoid the variable and the subsetted variants, as we won't deal with those as well.

(It's slightly clearer on the get noto website, although the recommendations are a bit old/biased).

EDIT²: And I can't even *find* the get noto website anymore, lol. Closest thing to it appears to be https://fonts.google.com/noto now?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-27-2022 at 12:59 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 01:43 PM   #463
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Enabling system fonts does not show that font?
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 11:16 AM   #464
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's... a good point, I don't recall if that toggle does anything/even exists on PB.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 11:35 AM   #465
igorius
Zealot
igorius began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & inkpad X
Light and warmth-setting at bottom status are wrong:
If i set (with or without extended settings) the warmth and/or light to maximum or when its set by automatic function, it always shows as maximum 57. So the calculation for the status line at the bottom of the page is wrong. On manually setting its showing for an extremely short time 100, but then falls back to 57.

Is there any way to change the text "KOreader" to anything different? ( i am speaking of the text for the same bottom status, i want to use it to make a separation between light, warmth, memory and actualpage/pages view. (Hope i can make clear what i want...)
igorius is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook