Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-26-2018, 04:15 PM   #1
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Renaming files with keyboard shortcuts

Hi guys!

I was trying to rename various xhtml files inside the epub, when I decided to come here and ask for help.

I would like to use only the keyboard, without any clicks.

I know I can bulk change names that are sequential (and I use that a lot), but when thats not the case, it can be a really tedius job.

I use "F2" to rename the file. After renaming, I press "TAB", so I could go on renaming the next file. The thing is the next file is selected just for a second, then it jumps back to the last edited item (after Calibre updates the book with the last change). So, I need to hit the down arrow key to select the next and press "F2" again.

Is there anyway it could work just like on Windows Explorer? I mean, if I hit "TAB", it would select the next file and continue editing?

Or maybe, there is some other easier way that I am not aware of...
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:31 PM   #2
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anyone?
Advert
Old 10-30-2018, 12:37 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
sadly no -- the way that the file browser is impemented makes it hard to do what you are asking for.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:54 AM   #4
thiago.eec
Guru

Ok. Thanks anyway, @kovidgoyal. Calibre is just awesome!

Tags
calibre editor, keyboard shortcuts, renaming files