Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #31
Matches Malone
Connoisseur
Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PW2, Ipad
I think I might have gotten a bad one. The top half is much yellower than the bottom half. The light looks worse than my pw2. This has to be a bad unit or something. The Belkin folio case I ordered does not do auto wake/sleep, so that's disappointing.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:46 PM   #32
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
To add my impressions, I agree with everything aceflor said. However, I think the thinner fonts are noticeably better. I couldn't use anything buy Caecilia or Helvetica on the PW2, but everything seems usable to me on the Voyage.
That I'm pleased to hear as I can only use those two as well.
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #33
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I think I might have gotten a bad one. The top half is much yellower than the bottom half. The light looks worse than my pw2. This has to be a bad unit or something. The Belkin folio case I ordered does not do auto wake/sleep, so that's disappointing.
Sorry to hear about your Voyage.

Is your case the Belkin Shield Fit Case, I have that on order too but I don't want it if it doesn't do auto/sleep wake.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #34
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
I think I might have gotten a bad one.
Sorry to hear!
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:16 PM   #35
Matches Malone
Connoisseur
Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Sorry to hear about your Voyage.

Is your case the Belkin Shield Fit Case, I have that on order too but I don't want it if it doesn't do auto/sleep wake.
It's this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...uct_refresh_T1
Advert
Old 10-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #36
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yep that's my order

Thanks for confirming
Old 10-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #37
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Has anyone noticed some decisive improvement in the Voyage over the PW 2013 and the Fire HDX 2013? If there is some break through, I will order a Voyage. Otherwise, I'll make do with that new Kindle Fire TV I just ordered for my bedroom TV which will be delivered later today.

I never did like page turn buttons in the past and certainly would not buy a Voyage to get them. I used to turn pages by accident with them in the past.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:03 PM   #38
schulzmc
Zealot
schulzmc doesn't litterschulzmc doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
I've spent about two hours reading with mine now, and my two favorite features are the sharper text on the screen and the page turn areas on the bezel. I don't think I realized how annoying it was to have to keep moving my thumb over and tapping the screen for a page turn. Now just a squeeze does it. Perfect. And no accidental page turns.

And did I mention how amazing the screen looks?
schulzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:04 PM   #39
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Has anyone noticed some decisive improvement in the Voyage over the PW 2013 and the Fire HDX 2013? If there is some break through, I will order a Voyage. Otherwise, I'll make do with that new Kindle Fire TV I just ordered for my bedroom TV which will be delivered later today.

I never did like page turn buttons in the past and certainly would not buy a Voyage to get them. I used to turn pages by accident with them in the past.
Between the Voyage and the Fire, not really as that is an apples and oranges comparison.

As far as the Voyage in comparison to the PW2 (or PW 2013), it depends on what you consider a decisive improvement. For me the DPI improvement is decisive as it makes all the fonts usable and the text cleaner and clearer. I won't mention how much I like the page turn buttons as you are not interested in those. The Auto Brightness adjust is neat, but more of an icing on the cake kind of thing. The lighter weight is also a nice plus.

I'd recommend getting one; if you don't like it you could return it during the 30-day period.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #40
geekaren
geek
geekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one hand

Device: Oasis (1&2), Voyage, Kindle Touch, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
I'm in the same boat... my Voyage screen is two-toned in a diagonal pattern: yellowish on left/top and bluish-white on bottom/right. Just contacted Amazon customer service to request a replacement; he said it should arrive Thursday.

I noticed the same about the Belkin cover. I should know better than to order a cover that doesn't mention sleep/wake. (I've made this oversight before, oy!) It's a shame because I like the cover otherwise... it's reasonably thin and light.
geekaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #41
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schulzmc View Post
I don't think I realized how annoying it was to have to keep moving my thumb over and tapping the screen for a page turn.
From the moment the PT buttons went missing I've missed them, but I needed the light. So glad they're back. I hope I love the Voyage.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:10 PM   #42
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekaren View Post
I'm in the same boat... my Voyage screen is two-toned in a diagonal pattern: yellowish on left/top and bluish-white on bottom/right.
Bad news! Sorry to hear.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:32 PM   #43
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
So how is the Voyage ergonomically? Does the design on the back contribute to a more comfortable grip than the PW/PW2?
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #44
Matches Malone
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekaren View Post
I'm in the same boat... my Voyage screen is two-toned in a diagonal pattern: yellowish on left/top and bluish-white on bottom/right. Just contacted Amazon customer service to request a replacement; he said it should arrive Thursday.

I noticed the same about the Belkin cover. I should know better than to order a cover that doesn't mention sleep/wake. (I've made this oversight before, oy!) It's a shame because I like the cover otherwise... it's reasonably thin and light.
I contacted Amazon and they are sending me a replacement. Will be here Nov 26
Old 10-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #45
geekaren
geek
geekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one hand

Device: Oasis (1&2), Voyage, Kindle Touch, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
I contacted Amazon and they are sending me a replacement. Will be here Nov 26
Nov 26? Wow. So sorry to hear that.
geekaren is offline   Reply With Quote