Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #136
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iriver StoryHD
The file must always be named "KoboRoot.tgz". I still give them full name (KoboRoot-<name>-<version>.tgz) since otherwise at some point you'll have a dozen KoboRoot(123).tgz downloaded on your PC and you don't know what's what.

No idea regarding Kobo Touch N905. I only have a H2O. And I think a semi-broken Glo which I bought for experiments but I don't get around to testing with that usually... sorry

Regarding your Clara, no idea why it would freeze either. Try holding the power button for 30s?
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:11 AM   #137
famfam
famfam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
@frostschutz
And yes, it also works on Kobo Touch N905. Its a bit to high on top but readable. And on my Kobo Clara it works very well. Thank you for helping me. The frozen Clara was light on the whole night and it needed about 12 hours, until the battery was empty. I loaded it and it works as before the accident. For the next time I will remember the tip putting the button for 30 sec. Thats it.
famfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:33 AM   #138
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by famfam View Post
And yes, it also works on Kobo Touch N905. Its a bit to high on top but readable.
Oh, that sounds like you just have to adjust the x/y offsets in the miniclock.cfg then?

Thanks for reporting back!
Old Today, 03:31 PM   #139
famfam
famfam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
@frostschutz
Yes. And I am trying now to put the offsets to the right corner at the bottom. I tried some examples from this thread, but its still on the top left.
And whats about Clara. Has anybody the offset values for bottom right corner found out for Clara?
famfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:03 PM   #140
frostschutz
Linux User

maybe you're changing the wrong offset setting... there is one for bitmap font mode, another for truetype font mode (the truetype settings all start with truetype_*)

anyhow, guess I should add support for negative values meaning offset from corners...
Old Today, 05:08 PM   #141
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
The original Touch is a weird little beast.

I can't guarantee that at least some specific models aren't lying about where (0, 0) is.

If you have shell access, that'd be easy enough to confirm... .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote