Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
craft2113
craft2113 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Deleting books on sony prs 500

Hi!Need help...how can i delete all the books i have on my sony prs 500? i deleted all the books on the ebook library on my pc (both sd card and internal memory). but when i turned on the device the books are still in the internal memory.and when connected it back on the ebook library, theres no books on both sd card and internal. i have reset the device but still the books are still in it and when connected on my pc, i still couldn't see the books in the ebook library.
craft2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:00 AM   #2
Laserjock
Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Sony PRS-950; PRS-350; PRS-505RC; iPhone 4
I have a 505 not a 500, but I assume the firmware is similar. Have you tried formatting the internal memory using the Reader's internal formatter? Try this:

* Press Menu button repeatedly until you get to the top Menu
* Press "Settings"
* Press "Advanced Settings"
* Press "Format Internal Memory"
* Press "Mark" button (bookmark button)

Internal memory should now be formatted.

-Laserjock-
Laserjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 04:08 AM   #3
craft2113

hi!thank you...

i couldn't find the format internal memory.i did restore default but still the books are in the device but i can't see it on the ebook library.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:40 AM   #4
craft2113

Hi Laserjock!

Thank you for your reply. I was able to erase all contents by doing the hard reset.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by craft2113 View Post
Hi Laserjock!

Thank you for your reply. I was able to erase all contents by doing the hard reset.
You cannot delete books on the 500 in the same way you can on the 505.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Wouldn't you just delete them by connecting the Reader to your computer and deleting them via the library software? It sounds like you just deleted the books in your library.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:52 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Wouldn't you just delete them by connecting the Reader to your computer and deleting them via the library software? It sounds like you just deleted the books in your library.
With the 505, one can actually delete a title when finished reading, and without connecting it to the computer. Very convenient.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:54 AM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
With the 505, one can actually delete a title when finished reading, and without connecting it to the computer. Very convenient.

Don
I know, I meant the thread starter, since the 500 doesn't have this feature.

But nevermind, I just reread it and saw his library shows no books on his reader. Doh!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #9
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Don
I know, I meant the thread starter, since the 500 doesn't have this feature. !
PRS500 DOES have this feature.

Just download and install the HackBuilder.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=hackbuilder
You can improve your PRS500 significantly.
You can:
- replace icons with much better ones (by Diablo),
- fix the anoying varying size font for book names,
- reasign buttons (Wanna flip pages with the right thumb on the "joystick"? No problem),
- add delete and copy book functions,
- add clock,
- direct page number entering ...

Just run a small exe program on your Windows PC and build a hack.
Then you copy a few files that you have just generated to an SD card, insert a card and restart the Reader. After following instructions on the screen you have a significantly improved device. Simple, cool, easy.

The only thing I can not comprehend is why Sony did not incorporate those cool features into the original (or an optional) firmware. Look what our resident hackers could do with a VERY limited access to the sony internals (software- and hardware- wise)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
On the 500, open the Ebook library software, then connect the reader to the computer. The Reader should show up on the left-hand bar. Click on it and delete unwanted items.

If you delete books in the main ebook library itself, then you have deleted the book from the computer, not the device.

Be careful about what you delete - one day you might want to re-read a book.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My suggestion is not to use the copy and delete book hacks withthe 500. They don't work well and can cause your 500 to possibly brick. They do not work with collections. So any books you have in a collection that you use these hacks with can cause you not to be able to use your 500 until you get home to hook it up to your computer. That's not a good thing. So please don't bother with those dangerous hacks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote