Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-28-2018, 02:38 PM   #1816
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
Age of Myth by Michael J. Sullivan is $1.99 at Kobo and Amazon. Good fantasy author!
Grabbed this earlier as reviews looked promising. Not familiar with the author but good to know someone recommends him.
tch65721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 05:53 PM   #1817
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
Grabbed this earlier as reviews looked promising. Not familiar with the author but good to know someone recommends him.
Yes, his Riyria series was really good as well.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2018, 10:58 PM   #1818
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
...and The Martian is on sale again, $2.99 in the US if you're one of the seventeen people who hasn't read it yet.

Amazon.com
Google Play
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Raises hand. Make that 16 people now; I just bought it. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
See you in a few days!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Still 17 if you bought it and haven't read it yet!
[Had to finish another set of books I was in; I had just started the first three-book set of Anne McCaffrey's PERN series, thanks to a free paperback of the first section. Think I'll stop at 3; that was enough Pern.]

So now I've finished THE MARTIAN. Holey cow, guys, you didn't tell me this thing was a tear-jerker!!! I hope I'm not the only reader who was in tears whenever they switched to the Earth-bound viewpoint. The Martian's viewpoint was sciencey and humorous. But Earth POV just put me in tears the whole time.

Anybody else? Or am I weird?

So yeah, great book.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 01:26 AM   #1819
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
So now I've finished THE MARTIAN. Holey cow, guys, you didn't tell me this thing was a tear-jerker!!! I hope I'm not the only reader who was in tears whenever they switched to the Earth-bound viewpoint. The Martian's viewpoint was sciencey and humorous. But Earth POV just put me in tears the whole time.

So yeah, great book.
I've read it several times, and that last Earth POV bit there at the end (not the epilogue) makes me tear up every time. So nope, not just you.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 02:41 AM   #1820
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Sometimes I drink more than I need
Until the TV's dead and gone
I may be lonely
But I'm never alone
And the night may pass me by
But I never cry

Especially not when Isaac Asmov's Foundation and Empire is available for $1.99 at Amazon.com.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2018, 03:01 AM   #1821
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Today's Big Deal on Amazon.co.uk is 8 titles by Brandon Sanderson:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=s9_ac...d_i=5400977031

The Way of Kings (Stormlight Archive #1)
Words of Radiance (Stormlight Archive #2)
Oathbringer (Stormlight Archive #3)
The Final Empire (Mistborn #1)
The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2)
The Hero of Ages (Mistborn #3)
The Bands of Mourning (A Mistborn novel)
Shadows of Self (A Mistborn novel)

All are priced at 99p.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:55 AM   #1822
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:

So yeah, great book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I've read it several times, and that last Earth POV bit there at the end (not the epilogue) makes me tear up every time. So nope, not just you.
I would never cry, but I did choke up a bit when Mindy Park figured out what was up.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:54 PM   #1823
Jaro
Jaro began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505,pocketbook 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Today's Big Deal on Amazon.co.uk is 8 titles by Brandon Sanderson:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=s9_ac...d_i=5400977031

The Way of Kings (Stormlight Archive #1)
Words of Radiance (Stormlight Archive #2)
Oathbringer (Stormlight Archive #3)
The Final Empire (Mistborn #1)
The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2)
The Hero of Ages (Mistborn #3)
The Bands of Mourning (A Mistborn novel)
Shadows of Self (A Mistborn novel)

All are priced at 99p.
Kobo have them at 0.99€
Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:38 PM   #1824
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Tor announced on Facebook that Ender's Game is on sale for $2.99 for "48 hours" but didn't say when the 48 hours started, so consider this a short term sale. I also don't know if this deal is available outside the United States.

Amazon US

Kobo US
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:51 PM   #1825
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Tor announced on Facebook that Ender's Game is on sale for $2.99 for "48 hours" but didn't say when the 48 hours started, so consider this a short term sale. I also don't know if this deal is available outside the United States.

Amazon US

Kobo US
Also available at Kobo Canada and Amazon.ca. $2.99 Cdn price so $2.29 US.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:50 AM   #1826
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
$1.99 today as part of Kindle US Daily Deal, matched at Kobo...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Androids-Drea...dp/B000SEGTI0/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/do-...ectric-sheep-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, by Philip K Dick is 99p in today’s UK Daily Deal:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Androids-Dr...1698267&sr=1-1
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:54 AM   #1827
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Again $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Foundation-Is...dp/B000FC1PWA/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/foundation-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jselby View Post
Foundation (book 1 of the Foundation series) by Isaac Asimov - 1.99 at amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ies_dp_rw_ca_1
Old 07-31-2018, 08:39 PM   #1828
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
Several John Christopher books are on sale at Amazon US for $1.99 or $.99, including two of the Sword of the Spirits trilogy.
If you picked up books one and three in the Sword of the Spirits trilogy and wept that book two was beyond your grasp. Weep no more.

John Christopher Beyond the Burning Lands (Sword of the Spirits Book 2) is available for $0.99 at Amazon.com.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:16 PM   #1829
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The Magicians' Guild is the first in the Black Magician series by Trudi Canavan. I don't read much fantasy/sci-fi, but have read and liked all of the books in this series. Guild has dropped to £0.99 at Kindle UK as a Daily Deal.

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003E1M6SQ/

Spoiler:
Quote:
The phenomenally popular first novel from international No. 1 bestselling author Trudi Canavan

*Over 3 million Trudi Canavan copies sold worldwide*

Each year the magicians of Imardin gather together to purge the city streets of vagrants, urchins and miscreants. Masters of the disciplines of magic, they know that no one can oppose them. But their protective shield is not as impenetrable as they believe.

Sonea, angry, frustrated and outraged by the treatment of her family and friends, hurls a stone at the shield, putting all her rage behind it. To the amazement of all who bear witness, the stone passes unhindered through the barrier and renders a magician unconscious.

The guild's worst fear has been realised . . . There is an untrained magician loose on the streets. She must be found before her uncontrolled powers unleash forces that will destroy both her, and the city that is her home.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:01 PM   #1830
plivesey
plivesey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde is currently 99p on Amazon. It's an absolutely fantastic read and probably my favourite of his works, although I've a hardback of Early Riser on my desk that needs reading.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shades-Grey.../dp/B003M5IAI4
plivesey is offline   Reply With Quote