Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
icq70610
Enthusiast
icq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enough

Device: PSR505
BUG - Column Coloring, multiple conditions

Hi

Folks, not sure if its the right place but It seems i found a bug in column colouring with calibre.

1) have 1,2,3 specific tags
2) colour the whole column (thats the important part).
3) see attached screen-shot.

for me the expected result would be

Tag=1 --> color green
Tag=2 --> medium green
Tag=not ok --> color red

it works perfectly well if i color each column seperately ...

see attached screen-shots.

I discovered it by accident ...

The Joker

ps. and since we are on the color topic ... any chance to color the background of a line ???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	not_ok.png
Views:	252
Size:	410.4 KB
ID:	98130   Click image for larger version

Name:	ok.png
Views:	232
Size:	801.1 KB
ID:	98131  
icq70610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you have conflicting rules then the first one will win. That is what is happening in your screenshot.

And no you cannot color backgrounds.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
icq70610
Enthusiast
icq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enoughicq70610 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you have conflicting rules then the first one will win. That is what is happening in your screenshot.

And no you cannot color backgrounds.
Hi kovidgoyal,

sorry i do not agree ....

I dont have conflicted coloring. At least not to my understanding.

I have looked at the notok picture again and I have no conflicting rules.... :-?

Could you please check this again, Im awar of conflicting rules if i have multiples of a condiction in the same tag.

The Joker (icq)
Old 12-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Which screenshot are you talking about, the first or the second?
Old 12-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I see you are talking about the first screenshot. With "all columns" rules you can have only one rule at a time. So whichever rule is first is always applied.
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 02:22 AM   #6
icq70610
Enthusiast

Hi again,

yes the "all Rule" applies only to a single set, if i have multiples it dosen't work.

Thanks for confirming .... but is this a bug or is it a feature?

because i dont really get why it should work only single condintion.

thanks, the Joker
Old 12-25-2012, 03:10 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by icq70610 View Post
This rule was just added in this release. It was described in the release as follows:

Quote:
Release: 0.9.11 [21 Dec, 2012]

New Features
  • Allow setting the color of all columns with a single rule in Preferences->Look & Feel->Column Coloring
So as of today this is a new feature with the limits you discovered.

Quote:
It only works for a single condition because currently that is the extent of its implementation. Maybe in the future Kovid will have the both time and desire to expand this feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:05 AM   #8
icq70610
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
This rule was just added in this release. It was described in the release as follows:

So as of today this is a new feature with the limits you discovered.

It only works for a single condition because currently that is the extent of its implementation. Maybe in the future Kovid will have the both time and desire to expand this feature.

.... mmmh bad reader ICQ ... bad reader :-), thanks for clarifying this and ... a german saying would be "asche auf mein Haupt" should read the release notes more carfully. But since puting calibre in ARCH - Linux and updating it via pacman / yaourt i rarely go to the --> new features information on the webpage.

--> which brings up a question: ... yeah i know im full of it... how about after upgrading displaying the same information as present on the webpage?

so all people would be better aware on the "new" features and bug fixes .... Just like a simple popup window after you performed the upgrade ... If we would make it really fancy it could be a text window with all the changes between the upgraded and original version ... just a 2cent comment.

thanks for clearing my head with >>SINGLE<< condition.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
yes the "all Rule" applies only to a single set, if i have multiples it dosen't work.

If I'm reading the following right, Good News.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Kovid fixed my 'bug' where only one rule could be used for coloring all columns. That fix will be out in the next release.
Here is the entry documenting the change.

Merry Christmas.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote