Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-15-2006, 01:04 PM   #31
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
-=AlexXF=- from the-ebook.org has made a new lrs->lrf convertor: lrsparser. lrsparser is a good replacement for lrs2lrf.exe (the interface to XYLogParser) because:
1. It is much more faster (up to 100 times)
2. The parts of lrf-books made with XYLogParser are often non-readable while lrsparser is free of this drawback.

These ones who wants to try the lrsparser can install it with BookDesigner as follows.

1. Download lrsparser.exe from
http://www.mailutilities.com/lrsparser.zip
2. Go to the subdirectory Tools/Librie of BookDesigner and rename lrs2lrf.exe as lrs2lrf.bak
3. Rename lrsparser.exe as lrs2lrf.exe and copy it to the Tools/Librie subdirectory.

P.S. These ones who wants to fix non-readable lrf's made by XYLogParser, can use fixLRF.exe utility. The utility has been written by obelix from the-ebook.org, who has discovered what is wrong in the XYLogParser output and found a way to fix it.
http://www.msh-tools.com/ebook/fixLRF.exe

Last edited by vvv; 12-15-2006 at 01:18 PM.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:03 PM   #32
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Hi. I installed your update and made a conversion. It worked well but still has the hard breack problem so it will not generate lrfs for the Sony E-reader that are scalable. After the first time, other attempts to generate books resulted in errors.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2006, 12:26 AM   #33
obelix
Connoisseur
obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo
Hi. I installed your update and made a conversion. It worked well but still has the hard breack problem so it will not generate lrfs for the Sony E-reader that are scalable. After the first time, other attempts to generate books resulted in errors.
Necessity of hard breaks are inherited from the Librie; vvv (the author of Book Designer program) is going to change the format to scalable one by the end of January.
New LRSparser (by -=AlexXF=-) is the first ever “homemade” lrs to lrf parser which is much faster than XYLogParser.dll. It does not change format of the documents created by Book Designer.
I also had errors after first several runs of BD update on 2 my computers, but after second or third run it disappeared by itself.
obelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:54 AM   #34
-=AlexXF=-
-=AlexXF=- began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader RS500
New parser (LRSParser) currently does not compatible with Sony Librie I. RS500 only.

Sorry, but i do not have this device (Librie).

PS. v.0.2 available by old link:
http://www.mailutilities.com/lrsparser.zip

Last edited by -=AlexXF=-; 12-17-2006 at 04:08 AM.
-=AlexXF=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:24 PM   #35
jimbobuk
jimbobuk began at the beginning.

it looks very promising this software.

I just had a play around, not really sure what i was doing other than loading up html files and immediately just trying to save out an lrf file.

Occasionally i had a problem where it said something about top level namespace (i'm trying to recreate it to be more specific but failing right now) .. in the lrs viewer that came up the beginning of the file was full of what look like absolutely loads of crosses characters (in the religious sense).. all the same.

Anyone seen this, have any idea what causes the problem? Next time i see it i'll post more thorough explanation of the error.

I had some files made that were only 2 pages long when looking at them on the reader (the reader itself, or the sony reader software) .. the new LRSParser seems to have fixed that.

I'm not completely sure what the problem is people are talking about with pagination.. I can try dabbling with the number of lines per page as described.. what am i looking for for it to be the correct value?

Should the width be left at 600? it looks very narrow in the PC sony reader software.

Other than that tho, it does look like it may be very useful.
jimbobuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2006, 09:26 PM   #36
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
Compiles almost anything - very nice. But doesn't output horisontal lines.
<RuledLine linelength="516" linetype="solid" linewidth="1" linecolor="0x00000000"/>
Lrs2Lrf does though.
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 02:32 PM   #37
skeid
skeid began at the beginning.

Hi vvv, thanks for this great tool. I've installed it and I like it a lot.

I do have an problem with the numbers are just dots "." in the page number of the main window and in the "Make Sony Libre File". Is there a setting I need to change? Font I need to install? etc? I've attached screen shots of my problem. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bookdesigner.JPG
Views:	615
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	2519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Make Libre.JPG
Views:	665
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	2520  
skeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:23 PM   #38
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeid
I do have an problem with the numbers are just dots "." in the page number of the main window and in the "Make Sony Libre File". Is there a setting I need to change? Font I need to install? etc?
Check for the MS Sans Serif font installation.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:04 PM   #39
vvv
Zealot

The Reader module is ready for the testing.
The corresponding BookDesigner update is here
http://www.the-ebook.org/e107/e107_f...2007_01_29.zip

Old 01-31-2007, 11:01 PM   #40
pinenut
pinenut began at the beginning.

Thank you, vvv, for your excellent program. I have used the previous version to convert PDF to DOC to convert it back to PDF via MS Word 2003. It still beats other programs for handling PDF files.

Do you have any plan to do the same thing for PDF files? I hope you can come up with a way to modify a PDF file and save it as a PDF file for use with the reader.
pinenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:28 AM   #41
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Thanks vvv, the ebooks created on this now look great on the Sony Reader. Is there any way to switch off the cover title/author page creation for an ebook?
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:57 AM   #42
vvv
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinenut
Do you have any plan to do the same thing for PDF files?
Maybe with time...
Old 02-01-2007, 12:06 PM   #43
vvv
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangornUK
Is there any way to switch off the cover title/author page creation for an ebook?
To switch off the cover page: press "book cover page -> remove" in the "Make Sony Reader file" window.

There is no option to switch off the front page: the Reader heeds this info for the bookshell.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #44
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Thanks vvv for your hard work, it is really appreciated!
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:31 PM   #45
bkilian
Zealot
bkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notesbkilian can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS/505
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv
The Reader module is ready for the testing.
The corresponding BookDesigner update is here
http://www.the-ebook.org/e107/e107_f...2007_01_29.zip
I'm having a problem with extended characters like é in my Baen RTF files. When I load the file, it replaces all my é with й. Then when I create the Sony Reader file, it removes the й character entirely, so I get blas instead of blasé, and r sum instead of résumé.
I tried replacing the cyrillic character with é, and that looks fine in Book Designer, but when I create the Sony Reader file, it then looks like
blas&#233; and r&#233;sum&#233;, which is even worse than before. Any suggestions?
bkilian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookdesigner