Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-16-2008, 06:29 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Question Correcting typos in a mobi file

Hi all,

Sometimes the mobipocket files one downloads are not perfect, they contain typos or mistakes (sometimes just a curled apostrophe facing the wrong way or something like that). I would like to be able to correct that but, at the same time, keep all the metadata and additional formatting the eBook might have, such as cover image, thumbnail, guide items, etc.

So, the thing is, can I do this with mobiperl? I could run mobi2html, modify the html and then html2mobi, but how would I ensure that all the extra information is not altered?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Sometimes the mobipocket files one downloads are not perfect, they contain typos or mistakes (sometimes just a curled apostrophe facing the wrong way or something like that). I would like to be able to correct that but, at the same time, keep all the metadata and additional formatting the eBook might have, such as cover image, thumbnail, guide items, etc.

So, the thing is, can I do this with mobiperl? I could run mobi2html, modify the html and then html2mobi, but how would I ensure that all the extra information is not altered?
I do not think this is easily possible with MobiPerl now (I added a ticket for it but I will probably not have time to work on MobiPerl until September...). What you can do now is run mobi2mobi to get the Meta information and then give the correct flags to html2mobi. Maybe this is what the GUI do so maybe the Windows GUI do nearly what you want to do.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert