Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
dq1967
dq1967 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Case for Kobo touch

Hi all,

has anyone found a good quality case with an integrated light for the Touch? I have seen some for Kindle 4, not sure if they'll fit the Touch?

cheers for any help,

dq
dq1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
JoeP
JoeP began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I picked up this one last week when I got my Touch:

[Image too large - MODERATOR]

[Image too large - MODERATOR]

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...86c2d1b115en02

It's awesome. I love it; though, it's the only case I've had so I don't know how it compares to others...

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-21-2012 at 05:00 AM.
JoeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
dq1967

Looks great, thanks for that. I live in Scotland, so will search for it here!! Any other solutions gratefully accepted from the general community.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
Linton
Linton began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Lots of Kobo covers on Amazon
Linton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
HubbaDubbaDubba
HubbaDubbaDubba began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dq1967 View Post
Looks great, thanks for that. I live in Scotland, so will search for it here!! Any other solutions gratefully accepted from the general community.
I've bought this one and I think it's great.
HubbaDubbaDubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #6
subtle_minx
subtle_minx began at the beginning.

This one looks good and twenty quid cheaper

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Elec...rlrefer=search

also kindle ones look like they'll fit as compared both kt n' k4 together.
subtle_minx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
dq1967

thanx guys, loads to choose from now!!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
We have 3 Kobo's in our house, and 2 of them have the Skin Digital real leather book style cases:

http://www.skindigitalstore.com/prod...ase-Cover.html

The third one has a CaseCrown, which is essentially a synthetic material clone of the Skin Digitals:

http://www.casecrown.com/ebook-readers/kobo-touch

These are all very high quality, extremely well designed, and SD's are the lowest cost you're going to find for a real leather case, very highly recommended! Mind you, no light included, but the design is intended to allow the front cover to fold back on itself and lock in place with the closure clip, leaving a 1/4" gap between the back cover and the folded back front one. Then you can clip on any brand of LED style light to the cover you want without interference or fear of damaging your screen, and it's very secure without flopping around and falling off.

We use these ones, but purchased from Costco in 2-packs for $13CDN;

http://www.amazon.com/Fulcrum-Multi-..._ob_hi_title_1

An added plus is that these cases (both the SD's and CC's) are specifically designed for the Kobo Touch, with a proper solid frame that securely holds the device in without covering any switches or ports.

All of the competing devices that use elastic strap look so cheap and homemade! And in most cases the straps cover the power switch and SD card slot so using them is a pain.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Last edited by therealjoeblow; 01-11-2012 at 01:52 PM.
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #9
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I think it's cheaper to buy a cover and then a light to attach to it. I have a SD cover which I bought off ebay and it was very cheap! I bought a cheap ereader light and the total for both came to $25.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow View Post
We have 3 Kobo's in our house, and 2 of them have the Skin Digital real leather book style cases:
The Skin Digital one looks really nice. Does anybody here have any experience with buying one of these from the UK? Or is there a UK seller for these?

The closest I have found available in the UK (well, from 21 January supposedly) is the Cover-up, available from Amazon at about twice the price of the Skin Digital cover/case.

Thanks.
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #11
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballfresno View Post
The Skin Digital one looks really nice. Does anybody here have any experience with buying one of these from the UK? Or is there a UK seller for these?

The closest I have found available in the UK (well, from 21 January supposedly) is the Cover-up, available from Amazon at about twice the price of the Skin Digital cover/case.

Thanks.
Skin Digital is in China, and they ship from there worldwide, free shipping. We've bought 2 directly from their website without issue, and they accept PayPal for a truly painless experience. If you prefer or feel more secure, they also have an eBay store, you can buy from there with eBay's protection.

Cheers
TRJB
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
Morf
Morf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow View Post

http://www.skindigitalstore.com/prod...ase-Cover.html

Cheers
The REAL Joe
Resurrecting an old thread to post my thanks to Joe for this recommendation, I ordered one of these (light blue) for my wife's new Kobo Touch and when it finally arrived (delivery took nearly 4 weeks to the UK with the free delivery) it is an extremely good case, nicely made and comfortable to use.

I've not looked at any other cases so I can't compare, but very happy with this one.
Morf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #13
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just saw a vid for a solar powered cover for Kindle.. I hope they consider making a Kobo version. (^_^)

http://www.smartplanet.com/video/kin...10?tag=nl.e099
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote