Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #91
brombus
Enthusiast
brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
I am also waiting for some reviews. However, judging by bugs reporting, it seems that for now M90/M91S may have serious and embarrassing problems with their battery power consumption. I hope they will improve it as quick as possible (i.e. before putting it on the market).

http://translate.google.com/translat...-9741-1-1.html
brombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #92
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
thank you brombus for that link. very thorough review with excellent pictures
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #93
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
The whole thing reminds me of Pocketbooks 90x, 60x models.
Lots of pre-orders, delays, problems with firmware and so on.
Although M90, M91 sounds interesting to me i learned from Pocketbook to wait until the first shipment and reviews are available. Having done the same i wouldn't have bought the 903 'cause even today it's way behind expectations.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #94
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
from what I see in the pictures: is that MiniUSB instead of MicroUSB?
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:35 PM   #95
OphReader
Connoisseur
OphReader began at the beginning.

Device: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
from what I see in the pictures: is that MiniUSB instead of MicroUSB?
Seems so. And it has a 'normal' sd-card slot and not this mini-kind of thing. I really like what I saw about the possibilities for pdf documents like 'fit-width', 'fit-height', 'fit-page' and this eliminating margins thing. I hope the pb desaster is not repeating here.
OphReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #96
Caleb666
Zealot
Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by brombus View Post
I am also waiting for some reviews. However, judging by bugs reporting, it seems that for now M90/M91S may have serious and embarrassing problems with their battery power consumption. I hope they will improve it as quick as possible (i.e. before putting it on the market).

http://translate.google.com/translat...-9741-1-1.html
The images barely load for me, very slow.
What is the embarassing battery power problem? He said that if you use it 3 hours per day, the battery lasts for about a week.

How does that compare to the Kindle DX?
Caleb666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #97
Drop Bear
Enthusiast
Drop Bear began at the beginning.

Device: dr800sg
I don't consider that too bad a battery life for a device with the wacom input method. You can turn it off if I remember correctly so that would drastically increase battery life. The Kindle probably lasts much longer as it does not have to constantly power that kind of input method. I am very eager to see some in depth reviews of the finalised product/firmware. It's a hard ask to shell out $400 for a product sight unseen.
Drop Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #98
mtp
mtp began at the beginning.

The M91s looks just about perfect for me.

If only it had RTF support.
mtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:39 AM   #99
brombus
Enthusiast
brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtp View Post
The M91s looks just about perfect for me.

If only it had RTF support.
The M91S has RTF support just like the M90. Actually, both of them probably have the same firmware.

I have found an interesting comparison beween Kindle DX and Onyx M90.

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...rU3RDb2LLM3jaQ

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...8t-2bmwUWyWn8g
brombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:51 AM   #100
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brombus View Post
The M91S has RTF support just like the M90. Actually, both of them probably have the same firmware.

I have found an interesting comparison beween Kindle DX and Onyx M90.

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...rU3RDb2LLM3jaQ

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...8t-2bmwUWyWn8g
Thanks for the links. Is it just me, or does the Onyx M90 seem to have much better contrast in the pictures than the Kindle DX?
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:46 AM   #101
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Thanks for the links. Is it just me, or does the Onyx M90 seem to have much better contrast in the pictures than the Kindle DX?
Did they use the latest version of the Kindle DX ? Otherwise the contrast of the M90 is much better!
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #102
solaris62
solaris62 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 602
Does someone know which languages the 91S have for text to speech.

Thanks
solaris62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #103
lm21cbe
lm21cbe is on a distinguished road

My question is directed to people from ONYX -Europe.
May you so kindly to answer me if is possible to change the battery from Boox M90?
And my second question:
Do you know if in the roadmap features from line M90 is planned to add the possibility to have open simultaneously several files?
Remark: I had an IREX DR1000s until it broken, and I appreciate this last feature as one of the most important feature from an ereader to be used profesionally.

Thank in advance.
lm21cbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #104
Drop Bear
Enthusiast
Drop Bear began at the beginning.

Device: dr800sg
It is depressing that we are so close to "ship date" and nothing more has been seen or heard from about this product.
Drop Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:06 AM   #105
davidjoseph1
Enthusiast
davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Onyx Boox M90, M92 (*3),M96, N96,I86ml,C67ml,Kepler,Poke,Poke2,Nova3
Just was emailed by onyxboox USA that the May 31 shipment will be delayed until June 15 because of firmware issues with the WIFI module.
davidjoseph1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90