Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
kitchenette
kitchenette is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Question Transferring ebooks from Kindle App for Mac to Kindle

Okay, I got a lot of books from Smashwords and I downloaded the .mobi version.

My question is this: how do I get those ebooks to my kindle from the kindle app on mac.

I can view and read books on mac via app, but I can't figure out how to get them from mac to kindle. Is it even possible.

Also, I when I click on preferences and go to general and content folder the following shows:

Home
Documents
My Kindle Content
kitchenette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Okay, I got a lot of books from Smashwords and I downloaded the .mobi version.

My question is this: how do I get those ebooks to my kindle from the kindle app on mac.

I can view and read books on mac via app, but I can't figure out how to get them from mac to kindle. Is it even possible.
USB cable.

The ebooks are in 'My Kindle Content'. Anything that doesn't have DRM can be copied from there to the 'Documents' folder on the Kindle... after you plug the Kindle into your Mac with the USB cable.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
kitchenette
kitchenette is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Thank you so very much.
kitchenette is offline   Reply With Quote