Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 04:19 AM   #1
draghetto
draghetto doesn't litterdraghetto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Me and my xmas gift

Hello,

I just received my new Sony PRS-505, problem is that is a xmas gift and i can't stand to open it!!!!!

I need to get home asap and put it in the safe and forget the combination!!!!
draghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:48 AM   #2
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Congrats on the 505... Maybe you could occupy your time til Xmas by reading a bulky oversized hardback edition of something to make you appreciate your gift even more...

Have patience, it will reward you. And welcome to the forum!

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:18 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Congrats on the 505... Maybe you could occupy your time til Xmas by reading a bulky oversized hardback edition of something to make you appreciate your gift even more...

Have patience, it will reward you. And welcome to the forum!

-MJ
i can't speak about patience as i've never had any but mj is right, spending three weeks lugging around a huge hardback book will not only make you appreciate your sony even more but will in fact probably definitively ruin paper books for you.

good luck resisting temptation, i'm glad i'm not in your shoes !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi draghetto and welcome to the Forum.I got my 505 back in January and couldn't stand to wait the four hours for it to charge up. Good luck!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by draghetto View Post
Hello,

I just received my new Sony PRS-505, problem is that is a xmas gift and i can't stand to open it!!!!!

I need to get home asap and put it in the safe and forget the combination!!!!
Congratulations on your new aquisition.

If you haven't already, you can read/download the PDF user's guide here:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod....pl?mdl=PRS505
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
If you haven't already, you can read/download the PDF user's guide here:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod....pl?mdl=PRS505
are you trying to make it easier or harder for him to wait ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:04 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome!

I admire your will power in not wanting to open it til xmas!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:54 AM   #8
draghetto
draghetto doesn't litterdraghetto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
are you trying to make it easier or harder for him to wait ?
Absolutely HARDER!!!!!!!
draghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:45 AM   #9
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
I know your pain. I got mine 2 weeks ago and had hubby put it away till Christmas. However he is a lousy at hiding things so I managed to locate it ( okay - so I had to tear the house apart for a few days to find it - but I did!), load on my new books and read it while he was at work. Then last week I gave in and begged for it early which he gave in ( sucker!). So I am happy to say that I am really enjoying my new Christmas present and have no problems with nothing to open on Christmas day - opening the cover of the 505 will be joy enough! Good luck holding out - only 14 more sleeps. It truly is the best gift ever.

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote