Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-27-2018, 08:06 PM   #3226
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 28 May
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:57 PM   #3227
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daily Deals -- exp 28 May
Advert
Old 05-29-2018, 12:07 PM   #3228
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 29 May
Old 05-29-2018, 12:16 PM   #3229
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 29 May
Old 05-29-2018, 11:56 PM   #3230
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 30 May
Advert
Old 05-30-2018, 05:13 AM   #3231
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 30 May

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-30-2018 at 04:08 PM. Reason: added Downpour deal and Audible price
Old 05-30-2018, 05:26 AM   #3232
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Last Day -- Sync Audio -- exp 31 May @ 7 AM ET
Old 05-30-2018, 05:41 AM   #3233
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Daily Deals -- exp 30 May
Downpour's "Daily Steal" is $15.96. It's Archer Mayor's Open Season.

Alternatively, you can get the audiobook (I didn't check to see if it is the exact same one) plus the ebook, plus sync'ing for less than $14.50, at Amazon/Audible (everyday, any day).

It's really annoying having Downpour and eStories frequently present items like this as "deals." And Downpour has the chutzpa to call each one of their daily deals as a "steal." Does anyone else feel the same way as I do?

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-30-2018 at 05:51 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 06:03 AM   #3234
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Downpour's "Daily Steal" is $15.96. It's Archer Mayor's Open Season.

Alternatively, you can get the audiobook (I didn't check to see if it is the exact same one) plus the ebook, plus sync'ing for less than $14.50, at Amazon/Audible (everyday, any day).
Actually, it isn't. They use this title frequently when they're late to post a deal or don't plan on posting a deal at all.

Quote:
It's really annoying having Downpour and eStories frequently present items like this as "deals." And Downpour has the chutzpa to call each one of their daily deals as a "steal." Does anyone else feel the same way as I do?
I hear ya. Anything over $4.95 is hardly a deal in my book. Downpour's last daily steal was on the 23rd and their weekly audiobook rental last changed two weeks ago. They're slipping.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:22 AM   #3235
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Actually, it isn't. They use this title frequently when they're late to post a deal or don't plan on posting a deal at all.
OIC.

I might try that strategy when it's late in the day before I see and can post a deal of the day that I run across.

Quote:
I hear ya. Anything over $4.95 is hardly a deal in my book. Downpour's last daily steal was on the 23rd and their weekly audiobook rental last changed two weeks ago. They're slipping.
I take into consideration how much the percentage-off is, too. But, about $4.95 is the maximum that I'll pay, regardless.

Not to start any rumors, but sometimes when companies are in trouble, especially in having insufficient cash flow, they will try raising prices, or reducing promotional prices, to compensate. That never works in a free market. I'm surprised that a lot of audiobook, as well as some ebook, companies haven't already bit the dust, bought the ranch, started pushing up daisies, however you want to put it. The market seems over-saturated with ebook vendors. Someone must be buying something from them. About 90% of my purchases of "secular" audiobooks now, is from Audible, with almost all of the rest going to Downpour and Tantor. I mean to exclude companies like ChristianAudio when I say "secular."

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-30-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:30 PM   #3236
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:

Actually.... I get a weekly email of daily steals for the week and the "steal" today is "Stay Sweet" By Siobhan Vivian Read by Bailey Carr - $4.95.

"From the author of The Last Boy and Girl in the World and The List comes a bold and sweet summer read about first love, feminism, and ice cream. Summer in Sand Lake isn’t complete without a trip to Meade Creamery—the local ice cream stand founded in 1944 by Molly Meade, who started making ice..."

Not sure where you guys get your info but looks like it might be time for a change. Just a suggestion.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:04 PM   #3237
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
Actually.... I get a weekly email of daily steals for the week and the "steal" today is "Stay Sweet" By Siobhan Vivian Read by Bailey Carr - $4.95.
From Downpour's home page under Daily Steal. Stay Sweet wasn't listed when I posted today's deals, though it is now. Sometimes the entire day goes by without the deal being posted.

And we finally get a new weekly rental. The last one was up for two weeks.

Downpour hasn't been very consistent of late.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:11 PM   #3238
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
<snip>
Downpour hasn't been very consistent of late.
Yes, I should have added that sometimes the deals are very good--so there is a lack of consistency.

I did mention that after Audible, Downpour and Tantor are the next companies from which I buy the most. That is due to the fact that sometimes Downpour's deals are very good.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-30-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:28 PM   #3239
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour -- Rental of the Week -- exp unknown (usually a week)
  • $1.99 -- The Marriage Pact -- Michelle Richmond/ Tom Taylorson --> 13.1 hrs --> suspense
Quote:
Would you like your marriage to last forever?

Do you believe that a long marriage will go through periods of happiness and sadness, light and darkness?

Are both of you willing to work to make your marriage last—until death do you part?

Newlyweds Alice and Jake are a picture-perfect couple. Alice, once a singer in a well-known rock band, is now a successful lawyer. Jake is a partner in an up-and-coming psychology practice. Their life together holds endless possibilities. After receiving an enticing wedding gift from one of Alice’s prominent clients, they decide to join an exclusive and mysterious group known only as the Pact.

The goal of the Pact seems simple: to keep marriages happy and intact. And most of its rules make sense. Always answer the phone when your spouse calls. Exchange thoughtful gifts monthly. Plan a trip together once per quarter …

Never mention the Pact to anyone.

Alice and Jake are initially seduced by the glamorous parties, the sense of community, their widening social circle of like-minded couples.

And then one of them breaks the rules.

The young lovers are about to discover that for adherents to the Pact, membership, like marriage, is for life. And the Pact will go to any lengths to enforce that rule.

For Jake and Alice, the marriage of their dreams is about to become their worst nightmare.

In this relentlessly paced novel of psychological suspense, New York Times bestselling author Michelle Richmond crafts an intense and shocking tale that asks: How far would you go to protect your marriage?
Old 05-30-2018, 04:33 PM   #3240
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Well, I don't know how I got signed up for this email from downpour but deals for the next few days are:
Thurs: The Dictator Pope
Fri: Food Sanity
Sat: Alter Ego
Sun: The Seasonaires
Mon: Freedom's Fall

It appears prices are only made available on the day. So, let's see if their price is adjusted in a timely manner. Hopefully better than the website.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote