Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-22-2018, 08:45 PM   #1
johnspartan
johnspartan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
new kindle gui?

I took a look inside a new Amazon bookstore the other day, and perused their Kindles on display. They were live and functional (so not presenting a 'dummy' eink screen). However, I noticed that the gui looked different on all of them; it wasn't say, only the Oasis, or Voyage vs. others. The home screen in list view looked a bit bolder and easier to read. At first I thought maybe this was an update I didn't have on my 2016 Paperwhite 3, so I updated to the latest version, but nope. Then I took a look at one my friend just got right out of the box - doesn't look any different.

Is there an (accessibility, maybe?) feature I'm missing somewhere that mods the interface in this manner that I'm not aware of? I don't see anything under Settings anywhere, and it's not just increasing the spacing or text size.

thx mobireaders! : )
johnspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:05 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
As far as I know only the (7”) Oasis lets you change text size for the UI. From my (very limited) observations, the demo units are not running production firmware, and you cannot for example explore Settings. There is also some sort of ‘demo’ mode. Maybe that is what you are seeing.

Of course, you could ask the Amazon employee about it, that is what they are there for.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #3
johnspartan
johnspartan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thx! Actually I did ask, and compared it to mine in the store. The two employees working there had no idea.
johnspartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessibility, gui