Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-13-2018, 05:29 AM   #1
bounce
Zealot
bounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Ipad, Kindle 7
Moving kindle books into another app on iOS?

Know ways to get the books out of Kindle app/Kindle with laptop, but I’m currently traveling and don’t have Kindle or laptop.

Anyone know of a way to share books in Kindle app to another app using only iOS?
bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:09 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce View Post
Know ways to get the books out of Kindle app/Kindle with laptop, but I’m currently traveling and don’t have Kindle or laptop.

Anyone know of a way to share books in Kindle app to another app using only iOS?
I believe you can email the book to yourself.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:

Are the Kindle books protected by DRM? If yes, then you're out of luck.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:15 AM   #4
bounce
Zealot
bounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavensbounce is a rising star in the heavens

Looks like emailing sends a snippet and link to the book’s purchase page.

Yea, Pretty sure they have DRM since I bought them on Amazon.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:41 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:

There isn't a way, unless the book is DRM-free. And even then, I don't know how you'd do it. (Not all books sold by Amazon have DRM applied.)

You hate the Kindle app that much?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:02 AM   #6
bounce
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
There isn't a way, unless the book is DRM-free. And even then, I don't know how you'd do it. (Not all books sold by Amazon have DRM applied.)

You hate the Kindle app that much?
The Kindle app is fine for casual reading, but right now I’m researching something specific and MarginNote pro allows me to tag underlined text into categories and also do this across my whole library and then arrange it all in a mindmap within the app.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:39 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
The Kindle app is fine for casual reading, but right now I’m researching something specific and MarginNote pro allows me to tag underlined text into categories and also do this across my whole library and then arrange it all in a mindmap within the app.
There's no way that I know of without a Mac/Windows/Linux computer.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:10 AM   #8
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
There are some online sites to convert non-drm books, but I'm not sure it is ok to post them here. The one I've used won't do books with drm though.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:42 AM   #9
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Looks like emailing sends a snippet and link to the book’s purchase page.

Yea, Pretty sure they have DRM since I bought them on Amazon.
This is why I strip DRM from ebook purchases and then put epub and mobi versions on Dropbox. You lose a lot of flexibility with DRM.

Mind, my desktop PC is always on and I can control it remotely on my iPad with TeamViewer. That way, I can purchase books using my smartphone/tablet and send to the PC for downloading. Then I just control the PC remotely to strip DRM, convert to the necessary formats and copy to Dropbox.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:58 PM   #10
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
Quote:
They say that MarginNote pro supports epub & pdf only.

Maybe it is possible to use some online drm-removal service and mobi file uploaded from jailbroken iPad/iPhone using KSN number of the particular device obtained through Amazon site or iOS device itself, without the need for kindle/laptop, converting those mobi files to epub online thereafter or by using some iOS app, but we are not allowed to go into such details here.

So, you can simply take a couple of minutes for 30-40 screenshots on your iPad/iPhone, convert those images to textual-epub or ocr-ed pdf using some iOS app or someone's laptop, and load them into MarginNote pro, repeating the process until you get home.

Since it might not maybe be allowed to un-drm your mobi file even for the personal and temporal use only, depending on your country or the current location, or maybe even to use screenshots temporarily, it is a good idea to protect yourself from other malevolent people by using zip/rar & passwords.

Last edited by Marinolino; 04-14-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:23 AM   #11
bounce
Zealot

Actually, screenshots aren’t a bad idea since this is just a book with a huge amount of graphics describing something about the place I’m at. Then I can combine them with the workflow app and mark them up in iOS natively as needed. I use textgrabber for OCR all the time so that'd work.

There is also a converter app on iOS that has you send the file to server and it’s available on device converted. Doesn’t seem I can get that original file though to do that. Anyone feel free to PM me as well if you have any innovative suggestions that you don’t want to give up the secret out in the open on. Cheers

Last edited by bounce; 04-16-2018 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Autocorrects