Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-18-2020, 05:22 PM   #1
seampub
seampub began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 2nd Gen
Last version of Sigil to have WYSIWYG mode and light mode

I stepped away from the industry for a while and getting back in with my first new book in a while, I have found that Sigil has become unusable to me. Don't really care if anyone things I'm wrong, about it. I would just like to know what the last version to have those things instead of me having to learn new software two weeks before launch?
seampub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:42 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by seampub View Post
I stepped away from the industry for a while and getting back in with my first new book in a while, I have found that Sigil has become unusable to me. Don't really care if anyone things I'm wrong, about it. I would just like to know what the last version to have those things instead of me having to learn new software two weeks before launch?
Light mode support? Do you mean a version of Sigil prior to dark mode support being added? If you really must have BookView check the Sigil-Ebook releases page for Sigil-0.9.14.

Just one request: please don't complain about BookView causing issues which was the main reason I stopped using BookView for anything prior to it being replaced by PageEdit. I got tired of having to fix the oddities that QTWebKit caused when editing in BookView.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2020, 05:58 PM   #3
seampub
seampub began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 2nd Gen
Yes, that is what I meant. I have no intention of complaining, and never had a problem that was related to BookView.

Thank you
seampub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:22 PM   #4
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The (fairly new) Preview panel is IMHO greatly superior to Book View, so you can edit in Code View and immediately see the results on the Preview panel without troubling to change to Book View with all its traps.

You don't have to use PageEdit. I don't! Indeed, I'm still using last year's 0.9.18.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:17 PM   #5
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You ARE aware of PageEdit?
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
dark mode, light mode, wysisyg