Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-28-2018, 09:47 AM   #1
Phung
Phung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with others

Device: Kindle Voyage
Life span of Dasung Paperlike?

Dear all Dasung's users.

I am using a Dasung paperlike HD, the newest model in this line of products from Dasung company. I am very satisfied at the moment, and I think many customers would have the same experience. I 've looked up comments from taobao website, where the product was firstly sold to Chinese customes. There are hundreds of positive comments there.

I am considering to buy another one as a backup for future use. My main concern is its lifespan. I know there are many customers who have been using Dasung's products since the first model. Could you share your experience about your monitor? Does it easily get broken after one or two years of normal use?

Since the product is so expensive, any of your comments would be really helpful.
Phung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:05 AM   #2
a12k
a12k began at the beginning.

Device: kobo h2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phung View Post
Dear all Dasung's users.

I am using a Dasung paperlike HD, the newest model in this line of products from Dasung company. I am very satisfied at the moment, and I think many customers would have the same experience. I 've looked up comments from taobao website, where the product was firstly sold to Chinese customes. There are hundreds of positive comments there.

I am considering to buy another one as a backup for future use. My main concern is its lifespan. I know there are many customers who have been using Dasung's products since the first model. Could you share your experience about your monitor? Does it easily get broken after one or two years of normal use?

Since the product is so expensive, any of your comments would be really helpful.

interested also to hear what others have to say about lifespan of Dasung monitors.. it would be a total shame to see a $1k monitor go to shit after a year or 2, so i also want assurances if i'm gonna spend so much money that it lasts
a12k is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2019, 10:32 AM   #3
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon E920
Quote:
Originally Posted by a12k View Post
interested also to hear what others have to say about lifespan of Dasung monitors.. it would be a total shame to see a $1k monitor go to shit after a year or 2, so i also want assurances if i'm gonna spend so much money that it lasts
since this requires longtime experience and testing no one will be able to answer this question

but I saw that dasung, in one of their answer to a youtube comment, mentioned not to play videos since this wears the screen alot faster. So the screen certainly does degrade by use
gamba66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:01 AM   #4
kamerek
Enthusiast
kamerek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG fw 3.3 SN B009
e-inks are to last about several milions of refreshes, but I have DXH since 02.2016 and its display works ok

https://e-ink-reader.ru/eink_degradation_en.php
kamerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:02 AM   #5
ContadorPL
ContadorPL began at the beginning.

Device: planning e-ink monitor
today i saw on reddit the first post, broken dasung used since 2017 but this is the 2016 model.
ContadorPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2020, 09:23 PM   #6
Phung
Phung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with othersPhung plays well with others

Device: Kindle Voyage
An update: since my first post, I have been using the Dasung HD (bought August-2018) for 1.5 years. It is still amazing. I normally work for 8 hours/day. Despite the fact that the Corona virus spreads all over the world, my Dasung is still not being vulnerable.
Phung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:55 AM   #7
kamerek
Enthusiast
kamerek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG fw 3.3 SN B009
Please post picutres with dates visible periodically than we could have evidence it is used daily and how long it will last, otherwise, just anonymous opinions tha may be for benefit of sellers
kamerek is offline   Reply With Quote