Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-28-2017, 08:06 AM   #1
Kaetrin
Connoisseur
Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Errors with Calibre 3.1.1

I downloaded the latest version of Calibre today. I tried to open it and got a bunch of errors and was unable to get the program open. I "repaired" it and restarted the computer but that didn't help. I then removed it, redownloaded and tried again. I restarted again. I am still getting the same errors. Can you advise what I should try next?

thx
Kaetrin

Errors as per below:

calibre, version 3.1.1
ERROR: Startup error: There was an error during calibre startup. Parts of calibre may not function. Click Show details to learn more.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 292, in initialize_db_stage2
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\main.py", line 232, in start_gui
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 250, in initialize
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\layout.py", line 330, in init_main_window_mixin
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\fetch_news.py", line 32, in init_scheduler
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\scheduler.py", line 587, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\recipes\model.py", line 148, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\recipes\collection.py", line 103, in get_builtin_recipe_collection
File "src/lxml/lxml.etree.pyx", line 3442, in lxml.etree.parse (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:81716)
File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 1811, in lxml.etree._parseDocument (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:118635)
File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 1837, in lxml.etree._parseDocumentFromURL (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:118982)
File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 1741, in lxml.etree._parseDocFromFile (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:117894)
File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 1138, in lxml.etree._BaseParser._parseDocFromFile (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:112440)
File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 595, in lxml.etree._ParserContext._handleParseResultDoc (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:105896)
File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 706, in lxml.etree._handleParseResult (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:107604)
File "src/lxml/parser.pxi", line 646, in lxml.etree._raiseParseError (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:106750)
XMLSyntaxError: None (builtin_recipes.xml, line 0)
Kaetrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is caused by the third party iOS Reader plugin. You can fix it by following the steps:

1. Uninstall the iOS reader plugin by opening a command prompt and typing the following in and then pressing Enter:

calibre-customize.exe --remove-plugin "iOS reader applications"

2. Then do the same for the Marvin XD plugin:

calibre-customize.exe --remove-plugin "Marvin XD"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2017, 03:57 AM   #3
Kaetrin
Connoisseur
Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.Kaetrin can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
That worked - thx so much!
Kaetrin is offline   Reply With Quote