Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Search results highlighted

My search results are now highlighted even though I have highlight search results unchecked in Preferences. I am on Calibre 2.3 using Win 7. This happened the last time I did a search a few days ago and I checked and unchecked highlight search results in Preferences and it was fine and subsequent searches were ok too. Now it's back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	search results.png
Views:	312
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	129041

Click image for larger version

Name:	searching preference.png
Views:	324
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	129042
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Purple Lady - Have a look at "highlight_search_matches" in gui.py in your config folder, your preferences indicates it should be False, your book list indicates it's True.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2014, 10:07 PM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Purple Lady - Have a look at "highlight_search_matches" in gui.py in your config folder, your preferences indicates it should be False, your book list indicates it's True.

BR
It's false, but just before I posted, I turned it on and off again. I just restarted Calibre and the search is still working as it should.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
It's false, but just before I posted, I turned it on and off again. I just restarted Calibre and the search is still working as it should.
@Purple Lady - should that 'still' be a 'now'

There's seems to a pattern emerging where settings are occasionally not being saved as they should be. This is 4th one I can recall in recent times.

BR
Old 09-29-2014, 12:28 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The Find Duplicates plugin toggles that setting, you probably used it causing the setting to be changed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2014, 12:33 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What you want is to go to Preferences and then highlighting (under Interface) and set how you want the search results to show.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:45 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The Find Duplicates plugin toggles that setting, you probably used it causing the setting to be changed.
I use the FD PI at least 3 times most every day and I never get this problem and I've been wondering why that is so for months. I think I've discovered why it so.

When I'm done with Find Duplicates I always select Find Duplicates->Clear Duplicate Results, and when I do that the highlight_search_matches setting gets restored to what it was. If I don't, it stays at the value I happened to use (if different) whilst resolving what to do about the duplicates.

I get quite a few 'false duplicates' so it makes sense for me to do the Clear Duplicate Results as the last step. I can't see any obvious place to automate this. The only suggestion I can make is to automatically restore the setting if all duplicates are resolved by deleting or merging.

BR
Old 09-29-2014, 08:28 AM   #8
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thanks. I don't use it very often or do searches very often so it's difficult to remember when I used it last.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:24 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Also, after toggling how the search works, you may have to restart Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #10
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Also, after toggling how the search works, you may have to restart Calibre.
I think I rebooted at some point after toggling the first time a few days ago but I'm not sure. I am sure that I didn't use the Find duplicates plugin after toggling though. And after toggling the first time subsequent searches that were done immediately after did work. Who knows. I can fix it anyway.