Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 05:49 AM   #1
random43743
random43743 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW + kindle 3
Question Search for Books on Device

Can i search/filter for Books that are on my Device? Especially books NOT on my Device.

Example: I want to find all books in a certain format (mobi) not on my device.

tx, mike
random43743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
If a device is connected, Calibre will show which books are on the device in a special column. I believe its lookup name is 'ondevice', so searching for 'formats:mobi and ondevice:false' should give you what you want. The caveat is that this will only work when a device is connected.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
random43743
random43743 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW + kindle 3
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
If a device is connected, Calibre will show which books are on the device in a special column. I believe its lookup name is 'ondevice', so searching for 'formats:mobi and ondevice:false' should give you what you want. The caveat is that this will only work when a device is connected.
That is exaclty what i ve been looking for.
Thank you, for your quick reply! m.
random43743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Flip side
With your device connected, change to the Device view (main or SD Card).
Now there is a column: "In Library"
Search: inlibrary:false will show books on the device that are not in the Library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote