Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 04:08 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Trollope, Anthony: The Small House at Allington (Illustrated), v2. 25 December 2012

The Small House at Allington is already available in the MR Library in HarryT's omnibus edition of The Barsetshire Chronicles. This stand alone version has navigation, curly quotes, and illustrations.

Anthony Trollope wrote forty-seven novels and five volumes of short stories as well as travel books, biographies and collections of sketches. The Barsetshire series and the six Palliser or 'political' books were the first novel-sequences to be written in English.

His works offer an unsurpassed portrait of the professional and landed classes of Victorian England, often with his own sardonic asides. In his 'Autobiography of Anthony Trollope' (published posthumously in 1883) he described the self-discipline learned from his mother that enabled his prolific output: he would produce a given number of words per hour in the early morning, before work; he always wrote while travelling by rail or sea and as soon as he finished one novel he began another. He became one of England's most successful and popular writers.

The Small House at Allington was first published as a serial in the Cornhill Magazine from September, 1862, to April, 1864, and in book form (two volumes) by Smith, Elder in 1864.

The Cornhill serial and the Smith, Elder first edition had eighteen full-page illustrations by John Everett Millais, and the Cornhill edition also had quarter-page vignettes by Millais at the beginning of nineteen chapters. They are all included in this e-book.

As with all of Trollope's novels the The Small House at Allington contains many sub-plots and minor characters. Trollope is even more scathing in his portrayal of English landed and professional classes than usual, and in this novel includes an unflattering portrayal of the Civil Service of his time. If there is a unifying theme it may be in the description of how different people go about courting and marriage.

As always please let me know of any errors so I can correct them.

Version 2 fixes the error in the content.opf file found by Jelby.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Allington.epub (2.49 MB, 474 views)

Last edited by AlexBell; 12-25-2012 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Fixed error
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Small typo in the OPF: the manifest entry for the cover image has ID "imgl" instead of "img1" (ell instead of one). This in only referenced in the <meta name="cover"> tag, which is off-spec, so flightcrew does not detect it, but it means some tools may not find the cover image.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Damn!

I'm sure you've pointed that out before, and I've missed it again!

I'll fix it as soon as I can.

PS Are you sure? I've just checked, and it certainly looks like a 1 rather than a l on my Windows 7 computer.

Last edited by AlexBell; 12-21-2012 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Added PS
Old 12-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Well, it caused an error with my thumbnail generator, and it certainly looks like an ell with my font. Search for "imgl" in the OPF and you'll see.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Well, it caused an error with my thumbnail generator, and it certainly looks like an ell with my font. Search for "imgl" in the OPF and you'll see.
You're perfectly correct, I was looking at the wrong one. I'll fix it and upload the corrected version tonight - and check Can You Forgive Her.

Thanks again for your unstinting help to me and many others.
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard

I've just uploaded version 2, which fixes the error in the content.opf that Jelby found.