Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-04-2020, 01:30 PM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Bookari

Thinking about getting the new fire hd 8. Does anyone know if Bookari will run on the fire hd's?
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:46 PM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Bookari is abandonware.
Web site is dead, customer service do not answer .

it probably still runs on fire tablets, it is only completely broken for android 10 but there are better apps, with better support...
If you install Google services and play store there are lots of readers that will work on fire tablet
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2020, 02:04 PM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Bookari is abandonware.
Web site is dead, customer service do not answer .

it probably still runs on fire tablets, it is only completely broken for android 10 but there are better apps, with better support...
If you install Google services and play store there are lots of readers that will work on fire tablet
Thanks, I have other android tablets and have tried almost all reader apps, Bookari remains my favorite. I knew it was broken for 10. Since the fire 8 in an android 9.1, I hoped B would run on it. Thats why I asked. Guess I'll give up on the Fire tablet. Appreciate your clarification.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:27 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

that must be the latest fire tablet- did not know amazon were up to android 9.1 now.
B runs on the older models, but you already know that.
once a developer stops developing an app its usually time to move on
Old 06-05-2020, 10:39 AM   #5
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
that must be the latest fire tablet- did not know amazon were up to android 9.1 now.
B runs on the older models, but you already know that.
once a developer stops developing an app its usually time to move on
Yeah time to move on. If only another one had the things I like about B. However, I haven't looked closely at others for a year or so. I'll give them a look again.
Advert
Old 06-05-2020, 11:40 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard

Moon Reader does pretty much everything that Bookari did. it is what I switched to
Old 06-05-2020, 04:29 PM   #7
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Moon Reader does pretty much everything that Bookari did. it is what I switched to
I've been playing with it today and think you are right. Not as easy to set up and use as B, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:34 AM   #8
stumped
Wizard

yes, i had to tweak a lot at first, so stop it making unwanted changes to styles, but I got it behaving v similar to how my bookari theme behaved, eventually. it took me a while to figure out how all teh background page options worked. i used a blank page file for a while to set a colour, then switched to using a colour value ( mint) that came close to what I had before.
With bookari, I could never save a theme colour, but with moon I can record the RGB values: 137 230 199