Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-25-2016, 06:23 PM   #1
JollyRoger
Zealot
JollyRoger is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
How can I save changes to convert format?

I am converting an epub file to a mobi file and I want for instance to take out the paragraph settings. However when I tick to do this it works only on that one file. Next time I convert to mobi, I must tick that box again. It doesn't save settings between use.
So, is there a ways to save the output settings so that they remain changed until next time you change them again?
JollyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:37 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre Conversion Settings have 2 places they can be set:

Per Book (via Conversion screen). These will be remembered regardless of what is later done (below)

The overall DEFAULT (First time used per book unless you use the clear previous value box)
Preferences: Conversion (the section): In, Common, Output:<format specific settings>
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2016, 06:51 PM   #3
JollyRoger
Zealot
JollyRoger is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Thanks Ducks, sorry, I did more googling and found how to do it. Thanks anyway.

Just realised you said per book via the conversion screen. This method is actually what I used and is not persistent.
Going into preferences>common options is where you make persistent alterations to the output module.

Last edited by JollyRoger; 08-26-2016 at 04:40 AM.
JollyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote