Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #61
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Had to see myself.
Descriptions in various forums are correct: With Android 1.6, Streak is "okay" at best. With 2.1 it significantly improves in all matters:
UI, speed, ease of use, ...
With the right OS, the screen size is quite interesting. I've got it in my jacket all the time, almost as mobile as iPhone. But of course it's way more fun to read on the bigger screen. Serious competition to my PocketBook 360 or Cybook Opus...
And I'll check out Samsung Galaxy as well. From 5" over 7" to iPads 9" it's all covered then...
As much as I enjoy my dedicated readers: Multi-purpose units, at least while traveling, simply are more convenient.
Yes -- and pretty soon we seem to be getting 3rd party 2.2. Which means we get Flash and even more speed. The Streak is looking real good now. I definitely don't regret getting it -- especially since other companies' phones all max out at 4.3" and nothing appears to be in the pipeline. Bringing us the Streak was a bold move by Dell.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #62
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Since there isn't much difference feature-wise, price becomes the deciding factor.
The features that are different include some non-negotiables.

For me, removable storage and screensize meant the Streak. If you want a dearth of viruses and bugless operation, probably iPhone, the best screen quality - Samsung, if you are a contractor and need a strong radio module - HTC.

So far, no player is best at everything.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert