I have Boot Camp on MAC 0 0%
I use the MAC application 5 12.50%
I have MS Office 22 55.00%
I have calibre 20 50.00%
I have Mobipocket Reader or other dedicated reader software 9 22.50%
I have a PDF driver/converter 13 32.50%
I may have corrupt eBooks in my Sony eBook library 5 12.50%
I have the latest Java install 17 42.50%
I've done manipulations to the Windows registry, for example via TuneUp Utilities 3 7.50%
I have a virus scanner 26 65.00%
I have a firewall 24 60.00%
I have Adobe Digital Editions in parallel to eBook library 3.0 23 57.50%
After installing eBook library 3.0, other applications did behave "strange" 4 10.00%
eBook library is not working at all 6 15.00%
eBook library is kind of working, but has too many flaws to be acceptabel 17 42.50%
First reader, which has been attached, has been a new one (300 or 600) 8 20.00%
First reader, which has been attached, has been an older one (500, 505 or 700) 15 37.50%
I've had eBook library 2.x before and have deinstalled before upgrading to eBook library 3.0 16 40.00%
I didn't have eBook library 2.x on my system before 7 17.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Unhappy Why doesn't eBook library 3.0 work?

In https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56377 I'm asking the lucky ones, who are able to work eBook library 3.0, some details about OS, applications in the background, ...

In this thread, I'd like to ask the less lucky ones, why eBook library 3.0 isn't working for them (me being one of them).

Update:
Mine is working now on Windows Vista: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...81&postcount=1

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-13-2009 at 03:54 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:54 AM   #2
gbermor
Enthusiast
gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.gbermor taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle/SO
Can I check more than one? All that apply?
gbermor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2009, 02:28 AM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbermor View Post
Can I check more than one? All that apply?
yes, multiple choice poll.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:32 AM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired

Copying to internal memory

Very interesting.
Most of you guys seem to have the same problem as me:
Copying to internal memory fails, whereas copying to both memory cards seems to be working for most of us.
Especially bad news for users of Sony 300, which doesn't have any expansion slots at all.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:11 AM   #5
quillaja
Connoisseur
quillaja began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader touch (prs-600)
hopefully it's just a bug in sony's crappy software, and will be fixed soon in an updated version.

by the way, you should list windows 7 RTM as an option. i'm using windows 7 with this sony software. others might be too.
quillaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2009, 06:59 AM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by quillaja View Post
hopefully it's just a bug in sony's crappy software, and will be fixed soon in an updated version.

by the way, you should list windows 7 RTM as an option. i'm using windows 7 with this sony software. others might be too.
Good point. Unfortunately, a poll can't be changed once posted.
My suggestion: If you you can't answer all the questions, still answer the other ones. In this case, leave the OS blank, but still answer to 3rd party applications, reader, ...
Old 09-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #7
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
In https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56377 I'm asking the lucky ones, who are able to work eBook library 3.0, some details about OS, applications in the background, ...

In this thread, I'd like to ask the less lucky ones, why eBook library 3.0 isn't working for them (me being one of them).
Extra reasons may include:
  • Using 64 bit Windows Vista and PRS-500
  • Using 64 bit Windows XP
You should add them to the list.
Oh, and the Sony Store doesn't work here on Mac... it did when I first installed, but the functionality has since died.

Last edited by AprilHare; 09-14-2009 at 09:58 AM.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Like some others, EBL 3.0 doesn't work at all.
I have an updated Vista (32 bits, SP2), and I "used" the 2.5 version before.
When I install 3.0, I need to try several times to succeed.
Then when I start it (even after a reboot) the UI doesn't start at all. The processus is started (in the task manager).

I installed it on a Virtual PC with XP Sp3 with success, but a device won't appear on this virtal pc...

Finally I reinstalled 2.5 !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #9
mgmueller
Member Retired

IT'S WORKING NOW FOR ME

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...mbsup:D:bulb2:
Old 09-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoine View Post
Like some others, EBL 3.0 doesn't work at all.
I have an updated Vista (32 bits, SP2), and I "used" the 2.5 version before.
When I install 3.0, I need to try several times to succeed.
Then when I start it (even after a reboot) the UI doesn't start at all. The processus is started (in the task manager).

I installed it on a Virtual PC with XP Sp3 with success, but a device won't appear on this virtal pc...

Finally I reinstalled 2.5 !
Try DEP: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...81&postcount=1
Old 09-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #11
Idoine
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Quote:
When I "authorize" EBL via DEP, it crashes !
I'll stick to 2.5 version...
Old 09-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #12
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoine View Post
When I "authorize" EBL via DEP, it crashes !
I'll stick to 2.5 version...
I do it like you see on the snapshot.
With this option 2 checked, it's working. When switching to option 1 (which had been the default setting on my system) it's crashing again, when copying to internal memory of my reader. I can copy to both memory cards though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	551
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	35822  

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-19-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
Idoine

Quote:
I do it like you see on the snapshot.
Yeh... I did it like that too, then reboot as asked to. When I started it after reboot, I had that pretty window with the 3 options :
- Look for a solution and restart the program
- Close the program
- Debug the program
Old 09-13-2009, 10:25 PM   #14
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by quillaja View Post

just tick vista. the differences between the two shouldn't matter
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #15
Fungelstein
Green Fields Forever
Fungelstein began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-650
I just got my Sony-Prs600 today and it works very well so far.

Except, the eBook Library is driving me batty! For some reason whenever I put books on it, it sometimes changes it titles to something else. At first, I thought it was just grabbing the first sentence in the book to use as its title, so I edited a couple of ebooks to check it. Which didn't work.

I have noticed, txt files will use the file name as the title. While rtf or PDF appear to be making up some sort of title for itself. I'm assuming its some sort of internal file title within the file, since the titles are somewhat related to the e-books. For example, I got 2 PDF files called, "DiaryofNathanAdler1" and "DiaryofNathanAdler2", when I import them into the ebook library, the titles change to "Diary of Nathan Adler1.rtf" and "Diary of Nathan Adler 02.rtf". And a Discworld e-book I got has its title changed to just Terry Pratchett.

Although, oddly enough, the poetry PDFs I got from my class have the correct titles attached to them.

And its even more annoying since I can't change the titles in the eBook Library program! You'd think they would have that option in the program. Or maybe it does and I'm not using the program correctly.
Fungelstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook library 3.0, sony library