Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
krussell
krussell began at the beginning.

Device: Nook (original - software version 1.7.0
Search & Replace :help:

Relatively new to Calibre (about a year and I now finally have time to dig into it). Currently own a Nook (original). I have imported 566 books into Calibre (all in ePub with about 1/2 coming from Sony (prior reader) and 1/2 from various online bookstores & BN). I have read the Calibre search & replace instructions and am still not certain it can do what I need

1. Remove all series information from all books.

2. All other changes to be made in Title field:
Current title field format:
BOOK TITLE (BOOK SERIES NAME then #_)

Some of my series are going beyond #9 and #10 and after do not sort properly in this format. I would like to do the following (in this order). I have tested this change and it then does sort properly and display properly on the unit:

a. Move everything between the () to before the BOOK TITLE
b. Remove all ()
c. Search and replace: "space#" with "_[underscore]"

This allows the series numbers above 9 to sort properly (instead of 1,10,11 etc)

I have started manually making these changes in each book's metadata but would like to avoid making 566 individual changes. Any help would be much appreciated!
krussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by krussell View Post
Relatively new to Calibre (about a year and I now finally have time to dig into it). Currently own a Nook (original). I have imported 566 books into Calibre (all in ePub with about 1/2 coming from Sony (prior reader) and 1/2 from various online bookstores & BN). I have read the Calibre search & replace instructions and am still not certain it can do what I need

1. Remove all series information from all books.
This is easy. Use .* in series and set to regular expression search mode with the series as search and destination fields.

Quote:
2. All other changes to be made in Title field:
Current title field format:
BOOK TITLE (BOOK SERIES NAME then #_)

Some of my series are going beyond #9 and #10 and after do not sort properly in this format. I would like to do the following (in this order). I have tested this change and it then does sort properly and display properly on the unit:

a. Move everything between the () to before the BOOK TITLE
b. Remove all ()
c. Search and replace: "space#" with "_[underscore]"

This allows the series numbers above 9 to sort properly (instead of 1,10,11 etc)

I have started manually making these changes in each book's metadata but would like to avoid making 566 individual changes. Any help would be much appreciated!
You should probably rethink this. Set your title to the title. Put your series and series_index into their correct fields. Then you can export to the filename you prefer for your device or reader.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
This is easy. Use .* in series and set to regular expression search mode with the series as search and destination fields.
Even easier is to check the 'Clear Series' box in the first tab in bulk edit.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Even easier is to check the 'Clear Series' box in the first tab in bulk edit.
I knew it was there somewhere, but my brief look didn't spot it.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote