Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #1
leeper
Enthusiast
leeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: nook
[OSX] calibre not responding osx 10.9.5

I use calibre's content server function so that friends and family can share my library. Starting with calibre release 2.48 I started receiving calls that folks couldn't access my library. This is usually a change in IP but not this time. I tried launching calibre from the menu bar but I got an application not responding message and had to force quit. This has happened a few times now. I just updated to 2.49 and cleaned fonts etc. Any ideas tho?
leeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use console.app to get debugging output
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:53 AM   #3
leeper
Enthusiast
leeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use console.app to get debugging output
Happened again. Opened console and searched for calibre entries. found the following. Is there any place in particular I should be looking in console? sorry not very adept at this tech stuff.

Jan 21 16:22:13 leepers-imac-70.local calibre[503]: * Notification delivered.
Jan 21 16:24:41 leepers-imac-70 kernel[0]: process calibre[503] caught causing excessive wakeups. Observed wakeups rate (per sec): 151; Maximum permitted wakeups rate (per sec): 150; Observation period: 300 seconds; Task lifetime number of wakeups: 489695
Jan 21 16:25:02 leo-tracys-imac-70.local spindump[6473]: Saved wakeups_resource.spin report for calibre version 2.49.0 (2.49.0) to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/calibre_2016-01-21-162502_leo-tracys-imac-70.wakeups_resource.spin

as an fyi I also found 3 epubs in the library that 2 consecutive weekly virus scans have labeled as corrupt.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:54 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
And what does the Apple crash report have?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #5
leeper
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
And what does the Apple crash report have?
There are no crash entries for calibre at all. The item above is the only thing I could find using console that had anything about calibre.

I deleted the books labeled corrupt. I did find some running applications that were causing excessive entries to logfiles displayed by the console app, one a blackberry art lookup and one a constant solar keyboard series of entries. I eliminated them as well and at least now my Calibre app opens quicker and iTunes is incredibly faster. Calibre has remained stable but I will keep checking.

Last edited by leeper; 01-25-2016 at 06:15 PM.