Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2022, 08:10 PM   #46
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I went to do this and discovered I'd earned another 3.00 credit. Used that, and it also gave me "purchase points", so a win-win
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 12:22 PM   #47
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
2022-12-15 - Looks like another double points day.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 06:02 PM   #48
C.S.
Enthusiast
C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Spend $10 on Kindle books between Dec 22 and Dec 31 and earn 200 bonus points. Activation required.

https://smile.amazon.com/kindlerewards/
C.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 09:20 PM   #49
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

YES! Saw on reddit and activated it as apparently I spent 10 today before the offer, putting me over again on credits. I'm liking the rewards system so far but need to check it more
Old 12-23-2022, 01:38 PM   #50
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S. View Post
Spend $10 on Kindle books between Dec 22 and Dec 31 and earn 200 bonus points. Activation required.

I went to activate it and somehow I had already earned 315 points, enough to redeem a $3 credit. But I don't buy many Kindle books, so I have no idea how I actually earned that many points. I know for sure I didn't have anywhere NEAR enough when I first heard about the program.

Maybe regular Amazon shopping gains points? I have no idea, but I've done a lot of that lately!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 10:39 PM   #51
Paperbackstash
Wizard

It's only books and ebooks. It adds up quicker than you think. I've had it three or four times without trying much. Shopping on points double day adds it up quickly
Old 01-21-2023, 10:39 PM   #52
C.S.
Enthusiast
C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Spend $15 on Kindle books between Jan 19 and Jan 25 and earn 300 bonus points. Activation required. Terms & conditions apply.

C.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 09:48 AM   #53
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Today is Double Points Day for Kindle Rewards Beta. 07Feb23
Old 03-01-2023, 09:21 AM   #54
DuskyRose
Guru

Another double points day. 01Mar23
Old 03-01-2023, 07:14 PM   #55
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
it is a joke. you have to spend $60 to earn enough points for a $3 credit
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 03:00 PM   #56
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
$3 is $3. It doesn't matter how long it takes to spend $60 to get it. It is $3 one did not get prior to the Rewards program.

As I understand it, Kobo has done similar promotions for years. And Barnes and Noble has had similar programs for purchasing print books. Credit cards have the same features.

They are called 'loyalty programs': reward your best customers. 5% is a pretty typical amount.

You'll save more money of course by not spending any. Or waiting to purchase books until the price drops.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 03:14 PM   #57
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Not only that but I have yet to find a way to redeem, for example, $9 from 1000+ accumulated pts. It seems one can only redeem $3/300pts. per request, not a cumulative amount that is actually useful. I'd rather give Kobo my money.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 05:51 PM   #58
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Not only that but I have yet to find a way to redeem, for example, $9 from 1000+ accumulated pts. It seems one can only redeem $3/300pts. per request, not a cumulative amount that is actually useful. I'd rather give Kobo my money.
Are you sure? I'm 90% sure that I was able to stack them and use them for one purchase a few months ago. Like you, I had over 1,000 points. You hit the button to turn points into credit, and it takes away 300 from the total number of points and gives you a $3 credit. Then you hit the button again, and it takes another 300 points from your total, and gives you another $3 credit, for a total of $6. You should be able to keep doing this until you have under 300 points left to redeem, at which point you start to build them up again

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 05:52 PM   #59
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Them's the rules. You are perfectly free to purchase elsewhere.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 07:31 PM   #60
DuskyRose
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Are you sure? I'm 90% sure that I was able to stack them and use them for one purchase a few months ago. Like you, I had over 1,000 points. You hit the button to turn points into credit, and it takes away 300 from the total number of points and gives you a $3 credit.

Shari
I guess this could have changed, but I've stacked them more than once. You may have to wait a bit after getting the first $3 credit, as once it took about an hour for the second one to get added.

I splurged for Christmas and my birthday, so stacked a few times.