Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-25-2022, 06:36 AM   #91
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
I have been away for a few weeks and have only just spotted this thread and was shocked.

It was time for him to start a new awfully big adventure.

We shall not see his like again and will have to carry on without him. He will be greatly missed.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:53 AM   #92
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
This is sad news indeed.
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 07:08 PM   #93
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Extremely sad news. I've been away from the forums for awhile, and just saw this.

I always read David's posts--as they were sure to be constructive and informative.

My thoughts and prayers are with David's family and in-person friends. He is missed!
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 04:53 PM   #94
Volfer
Volfer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindles-Paperwhites, Touch, Keyboard, Androids, Dell Venue 8 Pro W.8.1
Davidfor's posts have been a great help here and I've always looked forward to them. I will miss him.
Peace to his family and friends.
Volfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:50 PM   #95
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
I have been away and did not see this news. This is very sad. davidfor was always so helpful. My condolences to his family.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 07:46 PM   #96
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I have not logged in for ages, this news shocks and saddens me. RIP, davidfor!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 08:06 PM   #97
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Dear David,

I just heard news today of your passing. I'm a bit scatterbrained, and I've been dealing with illness a lot over the past two years. I don't camp out here as much as others do. Sometimes I've asked questions that tested your patience. I considered you one of the old guard curmudgeons that hung out on this forum. However, you were always so impressively informed. I knew that I could always count on you to give me the most helpful answers about the various issues that I ran into with my Kobo eReaders. You really knew your stuff. There were many times that after a late night post, I would wait for Australia to wake up so that I could read your replies.

Even today I was using your plugin to make my Kobo eReader experience a stable one. I don't know if I ever thanked you enough for your selfless efforts to benefit all Kobo users. I hope that a family member reads this and knows that your reach spread across the world, your efforts uplifted many, and your insightful comments shaped online discussions in factual ways. I will miss interacting with you. Thank you for all that you did.

With the greatest sincerity,
Douglas Cootey
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 10:05 AM   #98
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I had not visited the news part of the forum for sometime I am shocked I missed this news Its was sad day for mobileread forum as some people are part of the soul of a forum when they are gone although the forum remains it is no longer the same I feel he was one of those.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 03:30 AM   #99
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
My condolences to his family and friends.

Though my contacts with David were few and brief (here/github), it still comes as a shock.
wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 05:28 PM   #100
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
OMG! I am so sorry! He will be missed!
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 11:25 AM   #101
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
This is terrible to hear. RIP David. You were always such a shining star in the community. I wish comfort to the family and friends.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 07:46 AM   #102
seanos
Zealot
seanos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Aura H2O, LG V20
I’m only an infrequent visitor, but I’ll be forever grateful for David’s contributions to the community. Condolences to all who knew and loved him.
seanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 12:57 AM   #103
pricciar
pricciar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Wow. My thoughts go out to his family. I hope they saw this thread and saw how many lives he touched with his thoughtful work.
I use his plugin often, he helped me when I had some problems with it. I came back to the forum on an unrelated matter and saw that he had passed. It’s a testament to his work that it took me so long to find out of his passing. I had no reason to ask more questions. Great guy great work.
pricciar is offline   Reply With Quote