Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 11:56 AM   #1786
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Thank you. The drama about mom has started. I just hate explaining I can't take her in and my own physical limitations not to mention financial every time the phone rings.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #1787
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well in a strange turn of events my previous post is no longer a concern. Mom was admitted to the hospital after she collapsed. So she will more than likely be sent to a rehabilitation as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Advert
Old 06-18-2017, 09:12 PM   #1788
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
For my Sister who suffered a massive stroke and is in the hospital. She was mom's caretaker. Big decisions needed in the days ahead.

Sent from my Nexus 7

We seem to be connected in ways I wish we weren't. My youngest sister (8 years my senior) has had a series of debilitating strokes over the course of the last few years that have robbed her of much of her eyesight, mobility, and memory.

I wish for the best for your sister and your mom.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:12 AM   #1789
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
We seem to be connected in ways I wish we weren't. My youngest sister (8 years my senior) has had a series of debilitating strokes over the course of the last few years that have robbed her of much of her eyesight, mobility, and memory.
I'm sorry about your sister, Tom.

My sister a year younger than I am died suddenly of a stroke several years ago. As devastating as that was, I'm sure she would have preferred that to a life with major disabilities; it's the memory loss that's the real knife twist, as we readers can hope to face other outcomes with stoicism, if not equanimity. I hope your sister finds pleasure each day.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:31 AM   #1790
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Tom. I'm so sorry. My sister just turned 50. She's so young. The hospital said she was in the OR but not what for. She was doing much better yesterday communicating. They've​ won't give me full details over the phone. Mom may have Pneumonia. They locked down her legs so she can't get out of bed. Smart nurses.
I'm dealing with a light case of food poison​ing.

Update: Sis wasn't in the OR. Nurse must have gotten it mixed up. She did have a few tests run. She's the same she was last night. *phew*

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited by Blossom; 06-19-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Advert
Old 06-19-2017, 12:08 PM   #1791
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Tom. I'm so sorry. My sister just turned 50. She's so young. The hospital said she was in the OR but not what for. She was doing much better yesterday communicating. They've​ won't give me full details over the phone. Mom may have Pneumonia. They locked down her legs so she can't get out of bed. Smart nurses.
I'm dealing with a light case of food poison​ing.

Update: Sis wasn't in the OR. Nurse must have gotten it mixed up. She did have a few tests run. She's the same she was last night. *phew*

Sent from my Nexus 7
Relieved on the update.
Sympathies on the food poisoning.
More hugs.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:10 PM   #1792
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Well in a strange turn of events my previous post is no longer a concern. Mom was admitted to the hospital after she collapsed. So she will more than likely be sent to a rehabilitation as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7
That's what my mom is going through at the moment. She spent a week in hospital and now she will likely be in Monroe Manor for rehabilitation for several weeks while going through more Chemo. They are going to try a reduced dose to see if they can keep her from getting so sick again.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:35 PM   #1793
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

In more strange events. Mom and sis are being released tomorrow. They both refused rehabilitation. So they are sending them home. The social worker gave in and ordered home services. This is not ideal care for them but I removed myself from the situation.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 06-20-2017, 10:50 PM   #1794
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
In more strange events. Mom and sis are being released tomorrow. They both refused rehabilitation. So they are sending them home. The social worker gave in and ordered home services. This is not ideal care for them but I removed myself from the situation.

Sent from my XT1528
Do they live together Blossom, or do they have someone to check on them when the home care worker isn't around? It's hard being alone when you have some sort of medical problem. I have friends who know to call to check on me if I don't let them know that I'm ok in the mornings. I post a good morning on a message board that we share in common. If I don't do that they call me. If I fail to respond they have my pastor's # and will call him. Since my mom is in rehab and I have diabetes I arranged that in case I have a low blood sugar in my sleep (as I am currently alone in my apt.). Better to have it set up and not need it than to need it and not have it.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:31 AM   #1795
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
That's what my mom is going through at the moment. She spent a week in hospital and now she will likely be in Monroe Manor for rehabilitation for several weeks while going through more Chemo. They are going to try a reduced dose to see if they can keep her from getting so sick again.

I'm hoping for the best outcome for your mom. Cancer is so cruel and unfair.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:59 PM   #1796
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'm hoping for the best outcome for your mom. Cancer is so cruel and unfair.
Ditto to what Tom said.

I won't even go into the new developments of today you can find them in the Vent thread.

Back to candles. This is for all.
I hope for a cure for cancer.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 06-25-2017, 10:26 PM   #1797
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ditto to what Tom said.

I won't even go into the new developments of today you can find them in the Vent thread.

Back to candles. This is for all.
I hope for a cure for cancer.

Sent from my XT1528
Thank you Blossom and WT Sharp. And "Amen" to a cure for cancer. Mom smoked for 58 yrs alas. I don't know if the cigarettes gave her the cancer but they didn't decrease her chances of developing it any. Of course I also hope that sometime down the road I won't follow in her footsteps. Second hand smoke is even worse than that which the smoker gets. And I am now 46 so I've had only some 12 yrs less exposure to it than mom had. Diabetes is enough to deal with.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:17 AM   #1798
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Light a virtual Candle each for Martin Landau and George A. Romero. Both men have left us.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #1799
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Justine Damond, shot by a police officer in Minneapolis as she spoke to his colleague.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:54 PM   #1800
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Remembering my dear sister, who passed away two months ago at age 57. Today is the anniversary of her birth.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote