Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-12-2016, 10:39 AM   #1
goffi
goffi began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch lux 3
[lux 3] which SDK to use?

Hi,

I'm new here, I'm a developer and I've just bought a Pocketbook Touch Lux 3, mainly to rest my eyes.

The device being based on GNU/Linux, I was hoping to see some way to code there, and happy to see there is a SDK.

But I'm not sure which one to use, in other threads people are talking about https://github.com/blchinezu/pocketbook-sdk but I'm not sure were it's coming from, if it's official or whatever. I've also found https://sourceforge.net/projects/pocketbook-free/ which is nearly 2 years old, and (http://pocketbook-free.sourceforge.net/en/index.shtml has not been updated for 5 years!).

My first goal would be to launch a terminal, and to use remoteInk which seems quite nice.

So were https://github.com/blchinezu/pocketbook-sdk is coming from, is official ?

Thanks
goffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:46 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
For the latest devices, the official SDK source is https://github.com/pocketbook-free/SDK_481. I haven't tested brucelee's version, but I would assume that it works well.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:57 AM   #3
goffi

rkomar: oh, I've missed the pocketbook-free account on github, thanks
Old 06-13-2016, 12:51 PM   #4
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I've only put together 3 official SDKs. No strange changes or stuff like that.
I made that mainly for making it easier for other developers to get their hands on the SDK.
As you can see in the github readme file, I've mentioned the sources from which I took the SDKs.

Last edited by brucelee; 06-13-2016 at 12:54 PM.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:10 AM   #5
goffi

brucelee: OK cool, thanks for the input.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #6
LoicC
LoicC began at the beginning.

Device: Touch Lux 3
Hi goffi, brucelee,

Just as you gofi, I am new to the Touch Lux 3. I had a quick look on the SDK, is it still running ? For which firmware ?
I don't know where to start from, can you give me a tip ? (i am confirmed developper)
LoicC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:04 AM   #7
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
For your Touch Lux 3, you should use SDK_481 in brucelee's package. To learn the SDK, it's usually best to look at existing source code. The functions of interest are defined in the inkview.h header file. Pick a project that provides source code and see how it uses those functions. That's the best general advice I can give.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote