Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-29-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
Question What are .enews and .mbpkg files for Mobipocket Reader?

I installed Mobipocket Reader 6.2 for PC. After the installation, I examined the Windows registry and found that the Mobipocket Reader program is associated with four file types: .enews, .mbpkg, .mobi, and .prc. I'm a Kindle user and know the last two, but I have never seen the first two extensions.

Examining the Windows registry further revealed that the file of type .enews is called "mobipocket subscription" and .mbpkg "mobipocket package". I found any other clue, though.

So, I hope experienced users of Mobipocket Reader can tell me the answer.

What are they?

Alissa
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote