Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 12:43 AM   #16
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I personally see no reason for libraries to add kindle at this point. They are already providing a great service.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:04 PM   #17
MoboHobo
Banned
MoboHobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
That's a pretty good idea. Now the mission of getting Amazon to get involved and donate some to schools!!! Good luck on that one, hehe
MoboHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #18
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Lets get real.

Schools across the US are suffering severe cutbacks.

Teachers salaries are being cut.

Programs, needed programs, are being cut. In my district, they are actually talking about cutting out completely music, art and after school sports.

Basic supplies (pencils, crayons, glue, paper, any schoolroom based supply) come out of teachers wallets when what the school supplys run out.

The very last thing our schools need right now, are Kindles or e-book readers.

"Disadvantaged youth" can learn to read just as well from a paper book as an e-book reader.

You would see me screaming from the school rooftop if my district tried to do this.

Seriously.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #19
Steveaudus
Steveaudus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I know this is an old thread, but has anyone actualy gone a head and purchased a set Kindles for a school?

This is my question we started using a set of 30 iPads with iBooks, which is great but the students are too easily distracted with other apps, so our English department are considering Kindles.

The best thing about iPads is just one copy of a book has to be purchased, and then that can be transferred to the whole set of iPads, can you do the same thing with Kindles?

Doesn't the DRM proctection prevent the books from being copied?

Thank you for any advice.
:-)
Steveaudus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
education, high school, librarians, libraries, reference, reference books, schools