Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-15-2015, 04:06 AM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
quirky stuff when clicking on links made in Sigil

I put some links to book vendors in the back of my ebook made in Sigil. When I went to the ebook in Kindle Cloud Reader and clicked on the link for say Amazon, a box appeared giving me the definition for Amazon: a river in South America. Then when I clicked on the link again it opened it the way it should. I tried it a couple of hours later and it opened the links the way it should on the first try. But then when I tried those links again I got a box (like for iBookstore) saying 'no definition found for this word.' After that I tried again and it opened the iBookstore link for the book.

Is this normal quirkiness or is there something wrong with my links? Here's a couple of sample links:

<p class="center margintop"><a href="http://www.amazon.com/Man-God-Gregg-Bell-ebook/dp/B00DH4SSY6">Amazon</a></p>

<p class="center"><a href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/man-of-god/id664309578?mt=11">iBookstore</a></p>

Thanks very much.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:06 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The links are fine, but not all reading platform honor external links. It seems to me more a Kindle issue than a Sigil issue though.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2015, 09:49 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Seems like an issue with the Kindle Cloud Reader to me. There's nothing wrong with your links. Clearly, KCR has some trouble distinguishing between clicking a link, and clicking a word for a dictionary lookup.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:17 PM   #4
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Thanks guys!
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote