Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Are you waiting for the "official mobileread verdict" on the Kindle DX before buying?

I love this website. All of you love what I love and I've checked in here dozens of times for the "real scoop" on the latest ereader device I hear about on the net. I'm still limping along with my Sony prs 500 and have been saving up for a Kindle 2. The Kindle DX came along and I'm on board. I've decided to wait until it ships so I can read about it on this board. I expect you all to tear it to pieces and post the true goods on it. I wonder how many other people are in this boat with me?
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I've pretty much decided that I am going to get it but 3 moves in 2 months has me financially strapped, plus the fact that the most recent move has me in an unfurnished (including kitchen schtuff) house. I have the Kindle 1, the DX is just going to have to wait.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
I love this website. All of you love what I love and I've checked in here dozens of times for the "real scoop" on the latest ereader device I hear about on the net. I'm still limping along with my Sony prs 500 and have been saving up for a Kindle 2. The Kindle DX came along and I'm on board. I've decided to wait until it ships so I can read about it on this board. I expect you all to tear it to pieces and post the true goods on it. I wonder how many other people are in this boat with me?
Now, remember, you can always send it back within 30 days IF you aren't thrilled.

Why deny yourself the privilege of seeing first hand?

Last edited by desertgrandma; 06-02-2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: LOL
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I don't have a *need* for one. I'd buy it but it wouldn't get much use.

I'd like to cross pollinate and get the Plastic Logic reader but I don't *need* it either. I don't think I'll be buying another reader for a long time (unless something really groovy comes along).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I don't have a *need* for one. I'd buy it but it wouldn't get much use.

I'd like to cross pollinate and get the Plastic Logic reader but I don't *need* it either. I don't think I'll be buying another reader for a long time (unless something really groovy comes along).
There you go, cross breeding your machines again!!

And you wonder why they're conspiring against you!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

Old 06-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
See! This is what I'm talkin about! Crossbreeding! How will I know what kind of breeding it will do unless you guys check it out first! I'm waitin!
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #8
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
you know if I catch my electronic devices doing that I think I'd get pretty disturbed!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

I can't control my machines. They won't listen and they scare me.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
In answer to the question, no. I have already ordered and paid for my Kindle DX. I seldom bother with other people's opinions when my own research and experience serves me better.

If I don't like it, I will return it. That's sort of how it works.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #11
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Just be aware that if you decide to return it, you have to pay for the return shipping.

Amazon led me to believe that it was free, but it's not. It's only $5, but still. Apple doesn't charge you a dime.
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #12
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I do very much want a larger screen for reading tech docs at work. It's not so much of an emergency that I have to buy a DX right now. I'm curious about the new PixelQi screens. I've been wanting a little netbook or tablet so if it works well enough for tech docs, I'll probably get something like that. I suppose I could just get both but I'd have eco-guilt. Besides the PixelQi would have color and likely better annotation options. I was sad to hear them say that they're having trouble with touchscreen. Ideally I'd like to be able to scribble in the margins.

So, I'm not really waiting on the MR reviews, but I am waiting.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #13
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
No way I always five head first. If I want uti get it on my own accord.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #14
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
Quote:
Now, remember, you can always send it back within 30 days IF you aren't thrilled.
That's what I'm doing. I want the PDF support and larger screen for magazines, but most of my reading is books, and I'm really wondering how I'll like the size. But since my wife was going to get a K2 anyway, if I don't like it I'll just send the DX back and get a second K2.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:

how do you think we have phones with keyboards now? when u turn off the lights and plug them in to charge they get all their usb cables jumbled up...

equals

and the cuz...
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote