Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-11-2016, 02:11 PM   #1036
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourcat View Post
Maybe you can test it there. Actually one does not need Koreader on Kindle.
"One" doesn't need ANYTHING on a Kindle. "One" does not even "need" a Kindle. One likes it though, and that is enough.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:35 PM   #1037
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
"One" doesn't need ANYTHING on a Kindle. "One" does not even "need" a Kindle. One likes it though, and that is enough.
For instance:
JSWolf does not have one, but he posts here frequently.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2016, 02:41 PM   #1038
Yourcat
Groupie
Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.

Device: PW3 5.6.5-usbnet
@nasser: Oh no. If one would need KOReader on Kindle Amazon would likely deliver it and not require its customers to JB their brand new product (maybe void warranty*) just to be able to use it.

*) Executing programs which return a root shell by accident should never void warranty. Anyhow many manufacturers claim that warranty is lost by JB - there are a lot of discussions about this topic in the internet. No need to start a new one here. Usually Amazon does not check whether Kindles are JB when exchanging them. Actually they have replaced also Kindles without warranty.

Last edited by Yourcat; 08-12-2016 at 12:57 AM. Reason: warranty void obfuscation ;)
Yourcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 02:45 PM   #1039
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourcat View Post
@nasser: Oh no. If one would need KOReader on Kindle Amazon would likely deliver it and not require its customers to JB their brand new product, void warranty just to be able to use it.
That has never happened.
Please give a link to the incidence report that supports your statement.
Old 08-11-2016, 05:00 PM   #1040
hkckoo
Connoisseur
hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Aura One
hello, i have a rather strange problem after reinstalling koreader. i did this numeoues times and this is the first time this happened. i view my files in landscape clockwise. for some reason, now even my filemanager (after starting koreader) is in landscape mode. that wouldnt be so bad, the biggest problem is that its in counterclockwise landscape mode. i havent got the slightest clue how to change it. looked into settings files via file manager, advanced settings in koreader. found nothing. please help

DLANDSCAPE_CLOCKWISE_ROTATION is set to true

//also why when i set my sd card as the default folder, after opening koreader, it almost always shows as empty? i have to go one to mnt and back to sd to see the files

Last edited by hkckoo; 08-11-2016 at 05:08 PM.
hkckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2016, 07:08 PM   #1041
knc1
Going Viral

sd card?
Kindles do not have an sd card.

I will save you the trouble of reading the moderator notice in the first post - -
Your in the wrong forum, see:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=276
Old 08-14-2016, 04:20 PM   #1042
wodan16
Enthusiast
wodan16 began at the beginning.

Device: kt3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
I tried installing version "nightly" v2015.11-533-g1d250c on my freshly JB'd KT3W.
Doesn't seem to work. Just get a screen flicker.
Has anybody else got it to work on a KT3?
Hi nasser I'm wodan15
After changing my email in the account without thinking (<<paranoid)
I couldn't post anymore yesterday...so after a good night sleep I registered again so I can help you out.

It's only a minor thing to get it running...at least on KT3 black ....let's see if this works on your KT3 white as well.

-Download "nightly" v2015.11-533-g1d250c
-Install it
-Open file /mnt/us/koreader/frontend/device/kindle/device.lua (leafpad is fine....or whatever you prefer)
-Change line 120 : touch_dev = "/dev/input/event1", to touch_dev = "/dev/input/event0",
-Change line 354 : self.input.open(/dev/input/event1") to self.input.open(/dev/input/event0")
-Save file

You should be good to go

Let me know if this equally works on KT3W.

Greets wodan

EDIT: the codebits are marked for confirmation

DEVICE: Kindle Basic 2 (KT3 black)
PLATFORM: Heisenberg
BOARD: eanab rev. 17
DEVICE CODE: G000K9
FW: 5.8.1.1 (2987430003)

Last edited by wodan16; 08-14-2016 at 05:27 PM. Reason: requested
wodan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:13 PM   #1043
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodan16 View Post
- - - -
It's only a minor thing to get it running...at least on KT3 black ....let's see if this works on your KT3 white as well.
- - - -
It is much more likely to be a matter of the firmware version running.

If you both would,
please include both the model and the firmware version in your posts.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:22 PM   #1044
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Quote:
Hi nasser I'm wodan15

-Download "nightly" v2015.11-533-g1d250c
-Install it
-Open file /mnt/us/koreader/frontend/device/kindle/device.lua (leafpad is fine....or whatever you prefer)
-Change line 120 : touch_dev = "/dev/input/event1", to touch_dev = "/dev/input/event0",
-Change line 354 : self.input.open(/dev/input/event1") to self.input.open(/dev/input/event0")
-Save file

You should be good to go

Let me know if this equally works on KT3W.

Greets wodan

EDIT: the codebits are marked for confirmation

DEVICE: Kindle Basic 2 (KT3 black)
PLATFORM: Heisenberg
BOARD: eanab rev. 17
DEVICE CODE: G000K9
FW: 5.8.1.1 (2987430003)
Hello, Wodan. Thanks for your post!
I'm afraid your fix didn't work on my KT3W...
(Serial G000KA, FW 5.8.0)

Looks like some separate entries and modules have to be added for the KT3B and KT3W in the Lua code by the maintainers...
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:39 PM   #1045
knc1
Going Viral

@nasser: that is still factory_5.8.0 isn't it?
There are now direct download links for 5.8.1.1 and 5.8.2 in:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275877
Step #7 spoiler.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:10 PM   #1046
wodan16
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hello, Wodan. Thanks for your post!
I'm afraid your fix didn't work on my KT3W...
(Serial G000KA, FW 5.8.0)

Looks like some separate entries and modules have to be added for the KT3B and KT3W in the Lua code by the maintainers...
Would you mind uploading the device.lua plz or copy and paste the lines in question?
The entries are there for 0DT , 0K9 and 0KA.
Thx
Just to make sure I didn't tell you wrong
There is also a file called crash.log that would be interesting to see (/mnt/us/koreader)

Last edited by wodan16; 08-14-2016 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:38 AM   #1047
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Would you mind uploading the device.lua plz or copy and paste the lines in question?
The entries are there for 0DT , 0K9 and 0KA.
Thx
Just to make sure I didn't tell you wrong
There is also a file called crash.log that would be interesting to see (/mnt/us/koreader)
Sorry, Wodan!
I had made the change for line 354 in a different place. Had searched for "self.input.open" and without checking the line number, made the change in the wrong line!

I now edited the correct line and KOReader is working on my KT3.
Loaded a few pdfs( What? Yes! So busy hacking, I haven't even put books on my new kindle) and they open fine under KOReader.

Only Amazon's Kindle guide (azw3) is not showing up in KOReader's file manager?

Thanks again, Kodan!
Old 08-15-2016, 01:42 AM   #1048
nasser
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
@nasser: that is still factory_5.8.0 isn't it?
There are now direct download links for 5.8.1.1 and 5.8.2 in:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275877
Step #7 spoiler.
Thanks, knc1!

But after you put up that note about goodies in the factory image, I'm wanting to keep the unsullied 5.8.0!
Old 08-15-2016, 02:55 AM   #1049
wodan16
Enthusiast

Quote:
Sorry, Wodan!
I had made the change for line 354 in a different place. Had searched for "self.input.open" and without checking the line number, made the change in the wrong line!

I now edited the correct line and KOReader is working on my KT3.
Loaded a few pdfs( What? Yes! So busy hacking, I haven't even put books on my new kindle) and they open fine under KOReader.

Thanks again, Kodan!
Your welcome...Just trying to give back a little help...for the work I use.

I hear you with the books...same here...I thought I'll read a lot more books with it...but it looks like what Im actually reading the last 9 days is a forum with ppl rambling.

Yeah every device has an init string in there...so there are a couple of lines looking like each other.
Glad to hear it worked.
Enjoy
Wodan
Old 08-15-2016, 05:03 AM   #1050
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
- - -

- - - -
Are you using the KOReader build from NiLuJe's snapshot thread?

Is it just the Amazon Kindle guide or is it any azw3 format book (I recall there was a recent 'fix' in azw3 handling).

PS: Been here over 4 years, and have yet to hear of someone reading the Amazon Kindle Guide.

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch